6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:24 AM by Oliverjohnson

Premiere elements 12 not working.

Oliverjohnson

I have downloaded elements 12 but it won't load a new project. The progress bar flashes and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 12 not working.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are in the wrong forum, you need http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements?view=discussions

When you go there, the information you need to provide - Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 12 not working.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

However, and as John T. points out, this is the PrPro Forum.

I will Move your post to the Premiere Elements Forum, where you will get quick assistance. Your link, and any e-mail subscriptions will follow.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to PrE Forum]

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 12 not working.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Oliverjohnson

What is your computer operating system on which you plan to run Premiere Elements 12? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

After you downloaded and installed Premiere Elements 12, did you get a message to Restart the computer?

If so, when you restarted the computer, at any time did you get a message to "Sign In" with your Adobe ID and password?

If you go to Control Panel Installed Programs, is Premiere Elements 12 shown as one of your computer's installed programs?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 12 not working.
                Mose.P Level 1

Hi,

same problem here, premiere elements 12 is starting the start window (with options organizer and premiere), but when trying to start a new project (or open an existing one) nothing happens but the flashing bar. Same when in organizer and then going to new -> premiere. Photoshop elements 12 is working fine (and when running it for the first time from the start window also asked for the adobe ID once).

Also, when using the organizer and trying to import movies (avhcd) it stops (crashes by not responding anymore), even with a small 3 MB movie. Also opening the same files manually with Premiere does not work. Windows Media Player can open and play them with no problem at all. For photos, importing and accessing them works fine without any problems (Photoshop Elements) - it's just videos (Premiere) not working at all.

By the way, my system:

• Windows 8.1 64 bit
                • Nvdidia graphics card (Geforce 560 Ti), I already went back to the oldest win 8.1 64 bit compatible driver which is 327.23 WHQL
                • Adobe Premiere Elements is shown in installed programs (version 12.0)
                • already deinstalled and installed Premiere elements once (as it was adviced in another post)
                • installed latest Apple Quicktime 7.7.4
                • All installations done as administrator

Any ideas?

Mose.P

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 12 not working.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Moses.P

It is difficult to navigate a thread when there are two users involved, even with what sounds like similar problem. Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

But for the moment let us see how far we can get in this thread with issue coming from two different sources.

Depending on how things go, the answers may need to come from Adobe via its Adobe Chat.

First I will ask the question that I asked Oliverjohnson

when you restarted the computer, at any time did you get a message to "Sign In" with your Adobe ID and password?

If you do not, the program is not activated. In that case, the matter becomes an activation issue which needs to be addressed by Adobe Chat

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

After the above link opens, click on the "I still need help" in the opened link to bring up the Adobe Chat.

For Premiere Elements 12, make sure that your NVIDIA video card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card. I would not write that if you had had Premiere Elements 10.

Please review and then let us know the outcome. Also, check out Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications and see if there are any errors listed that relate to this matter.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 12 not working.
                    Oliverjohnson Level 1

My operating system is windows 7(64 bit).

Yes I got the message and did restart.

It did ask for adobe sign in the first time and not since.

Elements is listed in the installed programs.

Thank you!

Oliver