Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stutter during streams

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

There is a current top about there being stutter with flash. It has peoples dxdiag's pasted in it etc and has gone a little wonky and I did not want to hijack it so instead I'm starting my own thread.

My current setup. Windows 8.1 64bit, Ati 6950, SSD (where flash is installed) i7 2600k (sandybridge)

Used in combination with Firefox.

I've been noticing this stutter on twitch.tv streams that use 1080p (not all the streams, but like 2/10) and basically it keeps skipping frames. Audio is usually fine.

To fix this as suggested in the other thread I got Chrome. It has been fixed on Chrome however I would like to be able to stick with Firefox if this is likely to be fixed soon. Could you advise me on what I should do ? If this is unlikely to be fixed on Windows 8.1 + Firefox then I might have to reformat back to Windows 7 as this is a little annoying.

Again, this does not happen on EVERY flash stream, only when it's closer to the 1080p and higher bitrates region from what I can gather. An example of where I was having this problem was http://www.twitch.tv/twoeasy. I was not able to watch this with the source quality and even turning it down to high/med it was not stable.

Jagga

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help? Anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add your problem onto the other thread and your dxdiag info. If the thread grows it will continue to add weight to our grievances with flash player and maybe Adobe will take notice and do something about it. What is clear is that recent versions are causing problems. Different people are seeing different things. For example, I run windows 7 64 bit and I see juddering/choppiness. Like you it seems more prone on higher res but can be just as bad at low quality too. The common denominator seems to be around 11.5 / 11.6 where Flash player took a nosedive for people running it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done although that thread has gone pearshaped. To be honest, I doubt any flash representative is going to give a damn. Only a small minority are probably having this issue and quite frankly making topics in a forum they control isn't going to bother them. If this problem was something larger and brought attention through other media then sure they would give a damn, but here on their own community forum? Doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your right but there is not much else we can. I think there is a much larger base of people with problems but alot of people don't seem to care or bother finding their way here. I'd also imagine a vast majority wouldn't notice a problem what with most use now being with HTML5 video and things like tablets/iPhones/TVs to deliver internet video. All I know is that flash performance has been dire for many, many months. I've seen lack lustre performance on many machines I have come into contact with.

I suspect Adobe may not care much especially as it's a free product. But soon people will do their utmost to avoid using it and it won't be seen as a good medium for advertising which will hurt them. Personally unless they restore my faith there is no way in the world I'd ever pay for an Adobe product either. They need to pull their finger out and also stop trying to blame Internet Explorer 11 for every problem. Sure it's a lousy browser but they need to look closer to home and realise they themselves have a lousy and buggy product too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of systems with Win 8.1 64 bit and this has become a big problem seems to be getting worst on some sites. Google chrome is also no help with a AMD processor seems a bit better using the Intel processor, but with the AMD the playback is as bad as IE.  So far no help on the microsoft forum as well they send you here and Adobe blames them so now it's a finger pointing session.

Pity adobe was good, but now with this I am looking elsewhere to find something to use for a player seems they are not looking to fix it. Maybe if MS gets enough feedback they will pull it out of IE and offer an alternate.  Where it hurts me a lot is in the use of my web cam for video chat and conferences have switched to logitech and advised others to do the same for conference software. Maybe when adobe starts losing business from corporate customers who use flash player as cross platform video conference they will get off their butts and fix it. I and others did not pay for high def. equipment to dumb it down to have low res. feeds.

This is their problem not the browsers it started with this release before that it was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can confirm this aswell. It only happens for me on Twitch.tv sites and results in a promt saying Shockwave is working or does not respond. It is utterly annoying. Running a 64 bit Win 8.1 system, with full AMD config here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines