4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 10:45 AM by edwardotis

Flex Builder 3 Beta 3 Debugging not working with latest Flash Player Debug

Dimitar G.
      First to emphasize that never had such issues with Flex Builder 2 Beta 2 and Flash Player 9.0.47 Debug version.

I downloaded Flex Builder 3 Beta 3 and installed it. Then trying to debug any Flex app (old or newly created) does not work. I don’t get any errors, but after some research I saw it’s nagging up on trying to connect to the Flash Player debug version.

1. Uninstalled old versions of Flash Player (FP).
      2. Downloaded latest debug version of FP 9 (9.0.115) and installed it both for IE and Opera (Netscape-compatible).
      3. Installed Flex Builder 3 Beta 3.
      4. Created a simple Flex app.
      5. Ran it in debug mode.
      6. Showed a small window with title “Progress Information” and a progress + text: Waiting for Flash Player to connect to debugger…
      7. Two minutes later I got the error: “Failed to connect; session timed out. Ensure that: 1. You compiled your Flash application with debugging on. 2. You are running the debugger version of Flash Player.”

Any idea what is wrong? I tried to download an older debug version but then FB 3 Beta 3 raises the error it’s expecting version 9.0.115. I searched to download FB3 Beta 2 (because I deleted it after downloading Beta 3) but unfortunately Adobe did their best to wipe it out from their links.

Any help is welcome.

System Specs:
      Windows Vista Ultimate
      Flex Builder 3 Beta 3 Standalone
      JRE 1.6 Update 3

-Dimitar