8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 10:45 AM by Josh_Corey

WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF

aarmory

Hi,

We have encountered a couple of issues and I'd be very grateful if you someone could shed light on a solution. Our design team have designed a template for multiple forms that we wish to run onsite, and have been created via PDF. When we try and import these into the system with form integration they load fine. When the form is then visible on the site, everything works fine except the SUBMIT button which seems to be inactive.

The other option is to embed the form, however, if you import a design that appears to not be an option. Has anyone else had a similar issue or problem and found a soltuion?

Thanks,

James.

• 1. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi James;

Can you describe a little more detail of the workflow you are using if I didn't understand correctly?  Include the applications or web site (service) you are using for each step.  What is the "import" step?

It sounds like you are authoring a form in FormsCentral, saving that form as a PDF and then trying to embed that PDF into your website...  If that is the case please see this FAQ which basically says we recommend against embedding the PDF in a web page: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

Is there a reason you are not simply embedding the web form (when you author the form in FormsCentral, on the Distribute tab there are sub-tabs, one has embed code for the HTML form)?

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF
            aarmory Level 1

Josh

Thank you for coming back. The issue is that our designer has designed a form template in Quark and then saved down as a PDF. All of the form features are working well and we can enter the details, except when we put in the Submit button which we have placed into this demo page: http://careersinluxury.com/documents/2014/01/adobeform-test.pdf (please excuse the location of the Submit button in the top right, we will have to work on the data form element of the page). But you will see on this form that the submit buttton does not work.

When you upload a PDF it does not allow you the ability to embed the file, you can only download it as a PDF, whereas if you create your own you can embed OK.

I hope this makes more sense?

james.

• 3. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF
              aarmory Level 1

Josh,

Can you please advise if there is any update regarding this?

With thanks,

James.

• 4. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF

Hi;

I thought I had responded but it must not have saved - you'll want to review the FAQ I pointed you to which basically says we recommend against embedding the PDF in a web page (allowing the PDF to be opened in the web browser): http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

You should set up the link to PDF on your web site as a "Download" link so that users download the PDF to their computer and instruct them to fill it out in Adobe Reader, the FAQ talks more about why it does not work in the web browser.

Thanks,

Josh

• 5. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF
                  aarmory Level 1

Josh

I will confess and say that I think that is rubbish. Basically they are not interactive forms at all, but a download link. This isn't totally not friendly on any mobile device and basically requires someone to download a form. This is not at all how the product is described. It clearly shows that you can embed a form and that there is a 'Send' button. Why would that button be there, if you have to save the form, open the form, fill out the form, save the form and then send it back via email?

• 6. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF

Please read the FAQ I linked to.  This issue has nothing to do with FormsCentral but is an issue with web browsers.  The FAQ talks about how modern web browsers have their own PDF viewers built in.  That is the issue - those viewers do not support features in PDF that Adobe Reader does, Adobe can not do anything to enforce that browsers use Adobe Reader.

As far as our product description, nothing shows embedding a PDF (or if anything does I have not seen it) - "embedding" is for our web forms, if you re-create your form in the FormsCentral form authoring you would have a HTML/web link for an online form and would also have "Embed" code so that you could embed the form into your own web site.

Thanks,

Josh

• 7. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF
                      aarmory Level 1

Josh

Can you advise how we can make this work then? Is it possible for our designer to design a page and then upload into FormsCentral and then use the HTML component? If you upload a PDF to be converted it does not give you any other option other than downloading as a PDF. Is this somehting that you can do on the premium version?

Thank you for your prompt response,

james.

• 8. Re: WordPress install of Forms / Import PDF

You can't make this work, you will need to start with creating the form in FormsCentral if you want it filled out online, or embedded into your web site.  If you start with a PDF you do not get a web version of the form.  There is nothing else to do about it.

If you want to use a web form you should create the form from scratch (or start from one of our Templates) and then you will have the option of a HTML form and the option to embed that HTML form into your own web site.

Thanks,

Josh

PS - here are a few links to related FAQs

Here is an FAQ on PDF in a web browser: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

Tutorial on Import PDF: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2654

Troubleshooting issues with Imported PDF: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2533

Overview of FormsCentral: https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/library/how-to-make-create-sur vey-or-form.html