• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player issue on Club Penguin website

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my child tries to long onto www.clubpenguin.com, she receives an error message saying that "something went wrong with Adobe Flash Player".   We use Windows 7.  I have properly removed and reloaded Flash Player twice.  We have the most current and appropriate version for the computer.  I went through the steps suggested by Adobe to correct Flash Player issues.  Turning off the hardware accelerator was the only one necessary.  The issue has not resolved, and I'm at a loss for what to try next.  This is my child's favorite site, and she's about to make me crazy with this.  Up until recently, everything worked fine.  Not sure why the sudden change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser do you use?

IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be. IE 7 was "pre-Vista" and it won't install on Windows 7. It's IE9, IE10 or IE11.

It matters because there's one fix for IE9 or 10, and if it's 11, the best bet is to use something else, because Microsoft's latest browser is a "rolling train wreck" to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Told you she was making me crazy. It's IE 10.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news. Being IE10 it's NOT a browser problem.

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following links and selecting "Save target as" (IE) or "Save Link as"(Firefox).

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save the files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything, go to the Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLER to remove Flash Player.

Next, run the ActiveX installer.

Lastly, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aargh!!!!! I followed your instructions to the letter....even steps I knew I'd done previously. Left nothing out!!!!

Same exact result. Sorry, something went wrong with Adobe Flash Player. Try logging in again.

Shoot the machine? Yes, I have active virus protection and nothing shows up in scans.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try google's Chrome. Worked for me on our new Win 8.1 laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may have an out of date graphics card driver, try going direct to the graphics card manufactures web site and download a up-todate driver MS updates are known to give older drivers and may have one that is out of date.

May also want to try using Google Chrome as the browser for this web site and see if it helps. The current plug in of flash player is not working right, so try these suggestions and see best of luck know how a little one can drive you up a wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here but with with windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines