7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 AM by Josh_Corey

Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?

ClintRuddle Level 1

Why is do Save web forms expire? I need them to be able to access the form without limits.

Opening the form every 28 days isn't an option.

• 1. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

HI;

Can you describe to me the work flow you want?  What is the use case for leaving the "Save" open indefinitally?

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?
            ClintRuddle Level 1

Hi Josh,

We want to use the form as a year development plan for staff. They will need to fill it out at the start of the year, mid year and end of the year, and have the ability to be able to change what they entered. Then HR will have access to the responses section to see employees responses in one location. I have set the form up already which I am happy with and then was disappointed when I seen that it expires after 28 days. Currently it is a word document, but we are looking for a better solution that is online and collects all the data entered in one location. making staff go in every 28 days to update is too risky! We have around 100 staff and some will forget to do it!

Any ideas Josh?

• 3. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?

The staff does not need to submit the form until the end of the year?  The "Save web form" feature only allows the form to be submitted one time, so none of the data would be available to HR to view until the employee submitted the form when completed at the end of the year.

You could distrubute the form as a PDF.  Employees could fill out part of the PDF and then save it locally, they could then continue adding more and editing each quarter and then at the end of the year could submit the data (this still collects the data in FormsCentral).  With this route the employee could even submit the data each quarter, it would come into FormsCentral as multiple submissions, but if HR wanted to see mid-year data that could be done.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?
                ClintRuddle Level 1

The issues with a PDF form is that the text box fields are a fixed size and adds a scoll bar when more text is entered, and when you print it out it doesn't show all the text in the text field box. Where will it being online they just drag the text box bigger. With a pdf Is there a way to print all the text in a text field? rather that what is just displayed?

• 5. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?

I understand the print issue.  Once the form has been submitted you are able to "Download the response as a PDF" which downloads the filled out PDF, in this PDF the text boxes are all automatically expanded to fit the text.  This does not help the form filler, but does allow you to print the response PDF once submitted with all data/text viewable.

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?
                    ClintRuddle Level 1

Yeah its the form filler that needs to be able to print and because it is private information we can't give them access to the full spreadsheet. I hate to say it but looks like we will have to stay with the word document! Any idea why there is the 28 days restriction? If you could set it to not expire this would be a great tool for businesses!

• 7. Re: Expiration in "SAVE WEB FORM"?

Thanks for the feedback, this wasn't the target use case for this feature.  It could change in the future based on user feedback, at this point a few users have expressed the wish to extend that period.

Thanks,

Josh