• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost connection on flash to mac install

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting lost connection at 7% when trying to install the flash player 11 on my mac

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

I think we were handing out a bad link to the offline installers as part of our support advice last night.  The team that manages the website has been moving some of the assets around, and they're updating everything on the website, but the folks (myself included) that respond to forum questions usually keep a set of standard responses to copy and paste.  This is the first time I can remember them changing in several years, and it wasn't something I was thinking about.  I think we're all going t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bypass the installer/downloader. Download the Offline installer Flash Player (Mac OS X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. NO ONE can help!!! Even Adobe's Tech support said they don't support the Flash Player install?!!! WTH is that? All the links to offline installer's are no good. I've been trying for 4 days now! Nobody has an answer?!

I'm posting this message in every thread I see about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the offline installer that Mike recommended?  It might be more productive than spamming our forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I've tried each of the links I've found throughout these forums. for the above link, I get a message in Safari saying that the URL is not found. For the link http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dm g I get a message that Safari can't connect to the server. Thinking that the problem might be in my browser, I tried Firefox, but with the same results.

I didn't realize that asking a question once in separate threads was spamming. Seems like it's just due diligence.

Thanks for any insight into my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!! Thanks Jeromie! Sleep well tonight knowing you have done some good in the universe!

I'm still curious as to why the online installers, or the other off-line links worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we were handing out a bad link to the offline installers as part of our support advice last night.  The team that manages the website has been moving some of the assets around, and they're updating everything on the website, but the folks (myself included) that respond to forum questions usually keep a set of standard responses to copy and paste.  This is the first time I can remember them changing in several years, and it wasn't something I was thinking about.  I think we're all going to have to go back and double-check the links that we're handing out to make sure that they're still good.  The weird part is that old links seem to be working for some people but not others.  So, pilot error on the bad offline installer links.

The online installers are a whole other problem.  There's a whole other engineering group responsible for just that infrastructure and it's more complex.  They handle the brunt of the traffic, and I think we get some capacity-related weirdness from time to time.  We're working on making it more resilient, so hopefully these issues will go away soon.  Anyway, glad we got you going!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines