Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

device not authrized keeps coming up

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give more details about what device and when the message comes up?

Have you looked in the device manual and followed its instructions;

if this is a dedicated ereader about installing ADE (digital editions), authorizing the computer and authorizing the deivce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I sign it ...it comes back and says device not authorized.  I know my ID and password are correct caused I have used them on here.

It is an android tablet. Adroid version 4.0.3  Model number MID9740?

This is only happening when I am trying to get my books I downloaded in the aldiko app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the Aldiko app itself has different authorization from some other app on the tablet.

Various people have complained about issues authjoizing Aldiko properly.

Try the Bluefire app and see if it goes any better; three seem to be fewer issues with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still get my books that are downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as the app is authorized with the same Adobe ID that was in use by whatever device/app was cative when the book was first accessed,

you can install multiple ereader apps and read books on any/all of them.

If you can't get Aldiko to authorize properly you may be stuck for reading the books on it.

The important thing is not to create two different Adobe IDs,

with some apps/devices and some books books under one ID and other books under the other ID.

Quite a few Adobe DRM apps (including ADE on PC/Mac) have problems with passwords that include characters other than non-accented letters and numerals.

If you have such a stronger password, log into the Adobe website using it, and change it to a weaker one (isn't Adobe security wonderful?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines