2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 8:29 AM by gkaiseril

Scheduling an Action

bho1109

I'm new to Action Wizard and JavaScripting, but was told it would be perfect for a project I'm doing. We already have Acrobat XI installed on a Windows server 2008 R2 Standard machine. There is a folder of pdf files that need to be cropped and optimized for a mobile app that will be displaying these pages. Files are continually added through the day and evening so it would be good if the action could be run on a schedule (i.e., once each hour). I would like to ftp the completed files a few times during the day. I have created an action that will crop and optimize a PDF file and then save it to a new folder. This seems to work ok but I need to have the original PDF file moved to an archive folder once processed since new files will be continually added through the day. I can't see where to move the original to another folder in the action wizard. There a a number of folders and each will have different action associated since the parameters for cropping and optimizing are different for each set of files. I am open to suggestions as to the best / most efficient way to make this happen.

• 1. Re: Scheduling an Action
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Acrobat can't be used for server like usage.

• 2. Re: Scheduling an Action
            gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can use Acrobat on a single system and process networked files in a batch process, but someone will need to start the action/batch process but someone will need to use a desktop/laptop computer to run the process. For running a server you would need an Adobe server product.There are 3rd party products that should be able to perform this task.Evermap is one such product.

If you are running Acrobat on a terminal server or Citrix server you need a license for each user.