3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 8:32 AM by bogiesan

Rendering

jeffjanca

I am looking to make a bunch of After Effects CC animations from a template.  I want batch render these, because I know it is going to take a long time to render.  So I want to set this up and walk away for the night.  I want to slightly alter the file and separately render each file.  For example:  I want to make an animation of a number.  I send that to render.  Then I want to change that number, and then render that.  And then change the number again, and then render that.  Is it possible to do this in a batch rendering process?  Everytime I try to do this, using the render queue, the first render, is changed to the last one.  I know this may be confusing, but I would love any insight into this!

• 1. Re: Rendering
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You wil lhave to actually duplicate the comps and set up different render outputs if you want different versions. What you do currently is simply not how AE works.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Rendering
            bart_at_work Level 1

Little bump here

If you really want to animate text or numbers, you should check out CompsFromSpreadsheet. You can actually set up all the numbers you want in a spreadsheet, and then import that into AE, and batch render it with a few clicks. Used it a few times and it works like a charm!

• 3. Re: Rendering
              bogiesan Level 4

bart_at_work wrote:

Little bump here

If you really want to animate text or numbers, you should check out CompsFromSpreadsheet. You can actually set up all the numbers you want in a spreadsheet, and then import that into AE, and batch render it with a few clicks. Used it a few times and it works like a charm!

Ah, scripts. As long as I have been using AE, I have never been able to comprehend scripting. Heck, I barely grasp parenting; expressions often leave me screaming.

However, the OP may be smarter and more patient than I and will benefit from the hard work of many competent and community- minded folks at that site.