3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 11:08 AM by Photographer1931

4K support in CS6?

Photographer1931

I'm considering buying a 4K monitor (Dell's UP2414Q). From what I've read, CS6 does not support 4K well, ie. the icons don't scale and are all but unreadable because of this.

Is there any hope that CS6 will get a 4K update, or should I start looking for alternatives? The cloud isn't an alternative for me.

• 1. Re: 4K support in CS6?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Is there any hope that CS6 will get a 4K update

Aside from critical fixes and maintaining operating system compatibility most likely no further work will be done on CS6. It's not impossible, since on Mac apparently there is Retina support, but there may still be technical hurdles that prevent this liek the UI libraries' rendering code not being fit. I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it. If it's critical to you, CC is way to go, otherwise you will have to live with things as they are and counteract them on the system level by using smaller resolutions...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: 4K support in CS6?
            Curt Y Level 7

Not an employee, but if I was the official answer is that they are prohibited from providing detalis of future enhancements, but if there was it would only be in CC, as that is current version.

• 3. Re: 4K support in CS6?
              Photographer1931 Level 1

Thanks for the answers, which were as I expected. I will check how bad it actually is in use if I decide to get the monitor, and if Intuos's zoom feature is a workable solution. Otherwise it will be bye-bye Photoshop, I'm afraid.