10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:18 PM by A.T. Romano

YouTube do not accept file format?

Oggiwara1

When I upload video to YouTube, it upload 98% and then get a error message. It do not accept the file even I have choosen YouTube format.

• 1. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Oggiwara1

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer system is it running?

Where are you doing this uploading to YouTube and how

a. Timeline uploaded to YouTube via the program's Share/Online/YouTube (Publish+Share/Online/YouTube or Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube)....if so, what preset selected for the upload?

or

b. Timeline exported to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then the file uploaded from the hard drive to the YouTube web site? If so, what are the properties of the file involved?

What is this "YouTube format" that you write of?

What is the duration of your Timeline content with the direct upload to YouTube.

OR

What is the duration of the file uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
            Oggiwara1 Level 1

I upload via the programs share & upload/YouTube and Facebook function. And it does not matter which YouTube file I try to upload. It stops at 98 %, period. This is in Premiere Elements 12.

• 3. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Oggiwara1

What is the duration of the Timeline that you are uploading? If it is more than 15 minutes, it will not work even if you have the YouTube web site set to offer you more than 15 minutes.

There is no "share & upload/YouTube" for Premiere Elements 12. Version 12 uses Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube. Is what you wrote a shortcut for the latter?

Requested ingredients for now

1. What are the properties of the Timeline content that is being uploaded to YouTube, including duration? That is going to include video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio.

2. If you export this Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive, can you upload that file from the hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site successfully.

Suggested export, assuming appropriate for your Timeline content, would be

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with preset = YouTube Widescreen HD

(if necessary, customization available under Advanced Button of preset).

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                Oggiwara1 Level 1

I just think I want my money back! This crap software is not as easy as promoted!  :-(

• 5. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, it is when you follow the directions.

But, that said, you'll need to contact Adobe or the vendor you bought the program from to get your refund. (Most will refund your money within 30 days.) This is a user to user forum and we can't help you with that.

• 6. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Oggiwara1

It is your decision on how to proceed.

We are not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows. We do this as a service, no salary, commissions, other.

If you got this far, I would encourage you to do some easy troubleshooting which will be expedited by your details and follow ups. If you do not want to bother with that and want to try to get your money back, make sure you do that as rapidly as possible. Adobe is quite strick on its within 30 days of purchase limit for that. And, if you purchased elsewhere, check the return/refunds situation there.

For more information on Adobe returns/refund, this can be found online for all to see

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

When the link opens, click on the link for "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat pop up.

I pre-set the topic for Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges.

If you change your mind and stay with the program, we will look forward to the opportunity to try to help you resolve your issue with exchange of details.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I did not see the post of the forum moderator Steve Grisetti until after I had posted mine.

• 7. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                      Oggiwara1 Level 1

I am not a native english. I am above 50. I just change from Wondershare Video editor to this software because it should be so easy. What I want is an easy step by step buide how to get a HD video up to YouTube.

I manage to convert the video file in a free videoconverter and upload it to Youtube. But it is a crappy quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=47nl-T2cUZM is the adress for the video. I have tried to use all kind of videoformat, uploaded several times, but either it don't get accepted or it is crappy quality. But anyway, thank you for the time.

• 8. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Oggiwara1

Let us go to work on this. Glad for the opportunity to try to help.

Given you have Premiere Elements 12, presumed Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If other, then just let us know. Assume version 12 Windows....

1. We need to know the properties of what you are putting on the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Timeline and if you should be using a converted source rather than the original on that Timeline?

a. Why did you convert your original with this Wondershare Video Editor? What are the properties of this converted product...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, and pixel aspect ratio?

b. What are the properties of the original? Unless there is a good reason for using a convert, then it would be to your advantage to import the original into the Premiere Elements project. So, then what are the properites of the original?

The questions and answers to the above may seem to you to be taking up time. But I believe it is worth the investiment of time to expedite matters and get to an solution sooner than later.

The plan is to make sure that you have the best possible source for import, that you have the best possible Premiere Elements project settings, and that your export choices are consistent with all that.

And, if your Timeline is over 15 minutes, you cannot use the Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube route. You have to export to file saved to the computer hard drive and then export that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Once we know the above, we will get to the more step by step approach.

If any or all of the above is not clear to you, do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Looking forward to learning of your progress.

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

ATR

• 9. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                          Oggiwara1 Level 1

Thank you very much for your time.

Premiere Elements 12,  Windows 8.1 or 8.2.  I put in MOV files. 1920/1088.

Data rate: 44698kbps. Totale bitrate: 46232kbps. Frame rate: 23

Audio Bit rate: 1543kbps. Sample rate: 48 khz. (No problem with audio.)

I used the expert mode, so I could adjust the volume like I have done in another software.

I did not use Wondershare. I used another software to try to convert and upload manually when this software failed 8 times. But the result was no good. The video are 3,53 minutes.

• 10. Re: YouTube do not accept file format?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Oggiwara1

Thanks for your follow ups.

Let us see if any of the following works for you.

Premiere Elements 12 on Window 8.1 64 bit. (I am going to assume that you are in a PAL set up)

1. Open a new project. Go directly to File Menu/New/Project and set (See Change Settings) the project preset to

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p24

Before exiting the final dialog there, be sure to put a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on this Project".

2. Back in the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, import your video via Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Timeline.

3 a. Assuming that your video has a duration less than 15 min, then let us try Publish+Share/Social Websites/You Tube with the preset of PAL - High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080.

3b. Then let us try Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset = YouTube Widescreen HD (this will give you a 1280 x 720 @  24 progressive frames per second.) Take the file produced from this export (AVCHD.mp4) and upload it from its hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

3c. If you want to do the same as in 3b, but with 1920 x 1080 result, then Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p24. Take the file produced from this export (AVCHD.mp4) and upload it from its hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Let us see what all that looks like...better, same, worse.

We will be looking forward to further developments.

Thanks again for checking out the suggested plan.

ATR