5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 7:40 AM by A.T. Romano

PE11 Editor Fails on Mac

cottonca

Premiere Elements 11 Editor: Fails to startup on Mac running Mavericks OS. No success yet with time-consuming troubleshooting using suggestions from others online.

• 1. Re: PE11 Editor Fails on Mac
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cottonca

Are you working with

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from Mac App Store

or

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Quick Editor from Mac App Store

or

Premiere Elements 11 Mac from Adobe

There have been a lot of problems reported with the Mac App Store version.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE11 Editor Fails on Mac
            cottonca Level 1

It's PE11 Editor from Mac App Store.  I'm aware that there have been many problems; just can't find if there have been any solutions.  The product seems to be gone from the App Store, so I can't even try reinstalling it.

In last 2 days, have been back and forth several times between Apple and Adobe cust services.  Adobe won't seem to do anything without a serial number; Apple has provided order/receipt numbers, but claims they don't deal with Adobe serial numbers.  Have asked both Apple/Adobe for a location to re-download/re-install the program, but neither have provided.  I asked the last Adobe chat session to be elevated to someone who can actually address the problem -- and they responded by closing the case without any resolution.  Maddening that neither vendor nor developer will take any interest or responsibility in resolving this issue -- one that, based on community chatter, is affecting a lot of people.

• 3. Re: PE11 Editor Fails on Mac
              spencebailey

has this been resolved as I have the same issue!

• 4. Re: PE11 Editor Fails on Mac
                A.T. Romano Level 7

cttonca

I do not work for Adobe nor am I affiliated with it in anyway, promotionally or otherwise. So, what I am about to suggest is for troubleshooting purposes only.

Have you thought about downloading and installing the tryout of Premiere Elements 12 Mac from Adobe to determine if it will or will not work in your specific computer environment?

There is a web site that provides older Adobe tryouts into which the user can insert the purchased serial number being used for the problem install. But that problem with that for you is that your Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac App Store is not the same as Premiere Elements 11 Mac from Adobe or from Adobe via the web site that is offering these older tryout downloads.

If we go the route suggested and 12 does work for you, then you can decide what next purchase - wise.

If we go the route suggested and 12 does not work for you, then we (or a genuine Premiere Elements Mac user) dig deeper into your computer environment to try to find the factor(s) that is/are causing the problem.

Please remind me...is your problem best described as "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before".

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: PE11 Editor Fails on Mac
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

spencebailey

Have you tried the tryout of Premiere Elements 12 Mac from Adobe to determine if it will work for you (for troubleshooting purposes only at this point)?

ATR