14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 9:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes

JohnPeterka Level 1

I want to include a Movie Theme for a wedding.  I have two choices with the software.  Both have less than acceptable resolution compared to the rest of my video.

Is there anyway to clean up the resolution or increase it so it is not so grainy?

• 1. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you are referring to Adobe Premiere Elements (Photoshop Elements is a separate program).

1. First, what are the Project Setting and what are the full details of your Imported Video Clips?
          2. Then, exactly which "Wedding" Menu Set are you choosing?
          3. Last, are you authoring to a DVD-Video, a BD, or an AVCHD disc?

It could be as simple has having everything set up properly, then choosing the correct Menu Set.

• 2. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
            A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnPeterka

Looking forward to your reply to Hunt's questions. There are certain aspects of this that I would like you to consider.

The disc menu that you see displayed in the Movie Menu section of the program traces back to .psd and companion files on the computer hard drive. The .psd can come a s (standard), w (widescreen), or hd (high definition). The choice of the project preset determines which of those forms will be displayed and available to you in the opened project in Movie Menu.

If have a hd project preset and are looking at Weddings/Outdoor Wedding and Elegant, Outdoor Wedding will be the hd kind, whereas Elegant could be the s or w form. In the latter case, there is a way to force the program to offer the choice that you want in the case of s and w. More on that if it is needed.

Another important consideration is "Are you customizing the disc menu? If so, in what ways?

Once you supply more information on your situation, we will be able to comment further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
              JohnPeterka Level 1

ATR,

I had retrieved my video files in AVCHD format.  My output will be HD Blu-Ray.  I was simply previewing the menu.  Since I have three videos, I previewed each - Outdoor Wedding (floral background), Entertainment and the Movie Theater movie menus.  All were extremely grainy.  The displays (the marque and Scenes menus) look wonderful before I hit preview.  In preview mode, they are horrible.

John

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

That disc Preview is just that, a preview, or emulation, most useful for checking the navigation, and little else. I find it useless to try and judge the final output quality.

Have you Burned your Project to a BD, and tested it yet? I like doing such testing with a BD-RE, so that I do not create an expensive "coaster."

Good luck, and thanks for that info.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John

One aspect of the matter....

Do you have any BD-RE discs that you can use for a tryout. Those BD-Rs are an expensive way to experiment for what I am about to suggest.

Often I have found the Movie Menu preview quality to be poor, to be charitable. The preview seems to gain its reason for being related to testing out the navigation buttons for the TV remote at TV playback or computer play back of the finalized disc.

If you have a BD-RE or a spare BD-R, do the burn to of your Timeline and check out the quality at play back on the TV or computer player.

Another aspect of the matter...

Is your source media 1080p or 1080i? What is the frame rate? Stereo or 5.1 channel audio? I aiming at the project preset? Who set that, you or the program? What do you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General under Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size and other video properties even if grayed out? We want to make sure that the project settings are the best possible.

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 6. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                    JohnPeterka Level 1

Hunt,

I discovered that my LG BE14NU40 is not iMac compatible.  I have to find an external drive for our iMac or I will need to port my files to a Windows PC to burn the Blu-Ray disk.

John

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                      JohnPeterka Level 1

ATR,

I discovered that the LG external blu-ray drive is incompatible with the iMac.  So, I need to move my files so I can gain access to them from my Windows based PC.  Then, I can try to burn a blu-ray.  Any suggestions where I can find my Photoshop files and my then to a network drive?

Thanks,

John

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:55:04 -0800

To: jpeterka@hotmail.com

Subject: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes

Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

John

One aspect of the matter....

Do you have any BD-RE discs that you can use for a tryout. Those BD-Rs are an expensive way to experiment for what I am about to suggest.

Often I have found the Movie Menu preview quality to be poor, to be charitable. The preview seems to gain its reason for being related to testing out the navigation buttons for the TV remote at TV playback or computer play back of the finalized disc.

If you have a BD-RE or a spare BD-R, do the burn to of your Timeline and check out the quality at play back on the TV or computer player.

Another aspect of the matter...

Is your source media 1080p or 1080i? What is the frame rate? Stereo or 5.1 channel audio? I aiming at the project preset? Who set that, you or the program? What do you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General under Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size and other video properties even if grayed out? We want to make sure that the project settings are the best possible.

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5997502#5997502

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5997502#5997502

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5997502#5997502. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 8. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnPeterka

Please clarify

I discovered that my LG BE14NU40 is not iMac compatible.

Where did you get that information? In what way it is supposed to be or is incompatible with your iMac?

I have read differently.

Aside from that, until now I thought that your Premiere Elements issue was to restricted to the disc menus quality at playback and not playback of the video and audio streams derived from the Timeline content?

ATR

• 9. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

JohnPeterka

I just saw your latest post after I had posted my latest one.

Please define the LG incompatibility to make sure that we are clear on the whys for that.

Putting aside the Timeline content, have you looked at Premiere Elements Windows Wedding disc menus to see how they present in previewing? May be the same as in the iMac counterpart.

ATR

• 10. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

It seems that you missed my post, # 4, where I made the same suggestion, about 11 mins. before.

Hunt

• 11. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Yes, I know. But, I did not see a reply to the question, and I needed to pose that question in post 5 in context with the troubleshooting that I was posting in post 5.

Right now I am

I discovered that my LG BE14NU40 is not iMac compatible

has caught my immediate attention.

ATR

• 12. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                                JohnPeterka Level 1

Bill,

I do but the Blu-ray player is not iMac compatible.

I purchased a Windows based PC today that has a Blu-ray internal drive, but I have issues with two things -

1) I could not deactivate the license on my previous Windows PC before it crashed  So, the software will not let me activate it on the new PC.

2) I need to know how to share the iMac data with the Windows based PC.  They are both on our Home Network.

John

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 18:30:20 -0800

created by Bill Hunt in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

ATR,

It seems that you missed my post, # 4, where I made the same suggestion, about 11 mins. before.

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999074#5999074

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999074#5999074

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999074#5999074. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 13. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                                  JohnPeterka Level 1

ATR / Bill,

I spoke to Best Buy and the Apple Rep there and both people agreed that the LG BE14NU40 was not compatible with the iMac.

John

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:14:04 -0800

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Hunt,

Yes, I know. But, I did not see a reply to the question, and I needed to pose that question in post 5 in context with the troubleshooting that I was posting in post 5.

Right now I am

I discovered that my LG BE14NU40 is not iMac compatible

has caught my immediate attention.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999097#5999097

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999097#5999097

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999097#5999097. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 14. Re: Photoshop Premier Elements 12 - Movie Themes
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

John

I do not have your specific facts and background, but based on online reports about that specific burner and Mac compatibility....

I question those sales people's call on your LG burner compatibiity, but I will put that on hold since you have made your decision and are moving forward on it. For future reference, on two separate occasions (LG Blu-ray burner and TV antenna, I got a never will work from those same sales people...the LG Blu-ray which I purchased anyway has been working for over 3 years and the TV antenna is doing great.)

Now to the matter that i can give you immediate help for....

Adobe via Adobe Chat will quickly and effectively take care of the serial number that is on the crashed computer. Open the following link and when it opens click on "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat. The situation should be remedied in minutes. Been there and done that.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

I have pre-set it for Serial Number Issues and Acting My Product.

Since SG is the Premiere Elements Mac to go daily person, best he give you the best input on transferring files from Mac to PC.  For Mac projects, perhaps exporting them to .mov files for imput into PC would be the way to go. But, let that be his call.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thinking positive thoughts.

ATR