16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 3:33 AM by realizadorjansdel

.MTS???

realizadorjansdel Level 1

Al abrir u proyecto, en PE10, aparecen todos los clips editados como ".MTS", ¿Cómo puedo restaurarlos a su forma de edición? (windows 7 Home Premiium - 68)

Gracias y saludos

• 1. Re: .MTS???
          A.T. Romano Level 7

realizadorjansdel

A lot may have been lost in the translation. I am not understanding your question translated. Please rewrite your question.

a. There is no export in Premiere Elements (any version) with the file extension .mts. Are you referring to an export with the file extension .m2t?

b. I do not understand "do I restore them to his way of editing".

Let us start this way.

a. What are the properties of what you are importing to your Premiere Elements 10 Timeline on Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit)?

b. What are you setting as your project preset to match the properties of those source media?

c. How do you want to export your Timeline?

d. If you have already exported your Timeline, what choice did you make in Share/ and what were the export settings?

e. What is the question that you are now asking?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...What is the brand of your video card, NVIDIA?

• 2. Re: .MTS???

Hi!

Thans a lot for your answer.

a)  It is about a project-file saved after edition on PE10.

By reopening that file, it shots up a timeline with the clips

previously edited *, but encoded as ".MTS[v]" [video] (not

"m2ts") and "[A]" . Right: W7 Home Premium -64bits-

Service Pack 1.

b)  I mean by that, translating them into current ones: .JPS

(picture, in this case)or .m2ts (video). Just in order to

continue editing.

• a)After importing media from C:/files (in the turn from

handycam Sony or réflex Olympus.

c)  After geetting edited, I currently export the result into a

DVD.

e)  Please, see b).

Add on: NVIDIA GeForce GT220. Control Panel 7.5.760.0. DirectX Execution versión  11.0.

Thank you for your interest and help.

Best regards.

El Jueves 9 de enero de 2014 22:45, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

Re: .MTS???  created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

• 3. Re: .MTS???

A.T. ROMANO:

Do you know anything about this issue? 

Does anybody know anything about this issue?

Thank you for your news.

Best regards

El Sábado 11 de enero de 2014 13:19, jose antonio nuñez sanchez de luna <anajose_romo@yahoo.es> escribió:

Hi!

Thans a lot for your answer.

a)  It is about a project-file saved after edition on PE10.

By reopening that file, it shots up a timeline with the clips

previously edited *, but encoded as ".MTS[v]" [video] (not

"m2ts") and "[A]" . Right: W7 Home Premium -64bits-

Service Pack 1.

b)  I mean by that, translating them into current ones: .JPS

(picture, in this case)or .m2ts (video). Just in order to

continue editing.

• a)After importing media from C:/files (in the turn from

handycam Sony or réflex Olympus.

c)  After geetting edited, I currently export the result into a

DVD.

e)  Please, see b).

Add on: NVIDIA GeForce GT220. Control Panel 7.5.760.0. DirectX Execution versión  11.0.

Thank you for your interest and help.

Best regards.

El Jueves 9 de enero de 2014 22:45, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

Re: .MTS???  created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

• 4. Re: .MTS???
                nealeh Level 5

Can you post a screenshot of the timeline, highlighting the problem. Note you cannot attach images to email posts. You must visit the forum with a web browser and then use the camera icon when composing your reply to include an image.

And I'm also unclear as to what the actual problem is. You're opening a project and seeing your clips on the timeline, so what exactly isn't working?

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 5. Re: .MTS???
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

realizadorjansdel

Thank you for the addition information.

I am still not completely clear on the exact details that you present. They sound unusual. But, I may have an answer. Maybe not, but we need for you to check out the following?

Would you say that you have a "display issue" with your Premiere Elements 10 project? Sounds like it.

There is an epidemic of display problems specific to Premiere Elements 10 users whose computers use NVIDIA video card. The fix is to roll back the video card driver version instead of assuring that you have the latest version of the driver installed. Please check out the following thread in which I have tried to keep track of the history on this.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

There is no answer from Adobe or NVIDIA. The answer is to roll back the driver version far enough until the problem is gone. Please see if this applies to your situation.

We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: .MTS???

Good day, NEALEH.

To "... isn't working?: It is imposible to rewiew the clips and work them out (e.g. by trying to continue editing)

Should it have anything to deal with the file extension where files show up from? (e.g. .prel? or others)

Recently, I install PrE 12 on my computer. Could it have something to  do with this action by saving a PrE10 project?

Private: Where does the sentence "Insanity is ......" come from?

i thought, we might mislead, miseducate our children .... Probably, they know a lot about the reality by being born, that means at 00:00:01 of life (or before) ... ????

Thaks a lot for your help.

BR

SCREEENSHOTNEWSCAN.jpg

• 7. Re: .MTS???

Good day, A.T. ROMANO:

It is imposible to rewiew the clips and work them out (e.g. by trying to continue editing). Then, I would say you are right.

Should it have anything to deal with the file extension where files show up from? (e.g. .prel? or others)

Recently, I install PrE 12 on my computer. Could it have something to  do with this action by saving a PrE10 project?

I add a screenshot of what shows up.

i'll try what you suggest regarding the video card driver version.

Oe more time, tThanks a lot for your help.

BR

SCREEENSHOTNEWSCAN.jpg

• 8. Re: .MTS???
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

realizadorjansdel

Good news and bad news. The Good news I believe you have fixable problem, nothing to do with the video card. The Bad news is that you appear to have a media disconnect problem. The latter can come about at least two ways....

a. After you saved/closed a project, you moved, deleted, or renamed the folder/file file from its hard drive save location after you saved/closed the project. You have those colorful Media Outline (missing media) displays all over the workspace to indicate that.

b. You have the originals for your project's media stored on an external hard drive that has problems, such as a drive letter that has changed without you knowing it.

When you open the project, you should be seeing a lot of "Where is the file.....?" messages. Are you?

If so,

1. Can you find the originals saved anywhere to the computer hard drive to prove that they still exist?

2. If you know where those originals are, then use the "Where is the file.....?" messages to reconnect the missing files your project. An alternative, is the Replace Footage method for doing that.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-replace-footage.html

Please check out the above, let us exchange some details, and then we can proceed from there.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Other problems may exist, but right now the one that needs immediate attention is the media disconnects...that is not a video card issue. Reminder...what you see in Premiere Elements are copies of the files that you have imported from the hard drive. The project depends on tracing back to those files at the file's hard drive save location where they were at import.

• 9. Re: .MTS???
                          nealeh Level 5

As ATR says, your media problems seem to be just disconnected so should be fixable following the instructions to try and locate the media then reconnect.

I don't recall where I first came across the phrase 'Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children' but I've been using it in my email signatures since around 1991 (my first child was born in 1989). Subsequent research shows the quote is attributed to Sam Levenson (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/sam_levenson.html). While my children are all now adults (my youngest has just started University last September) I still find it appropriate - after all they're always 'children' to a parent and I shall always be worrying for them .

Cheers,
                          --
                          Neale
                          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 10. Re: .MTS???
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

realizadorjansdel

Hope the troubleshooting is going well.

Just starting my day and decided to post some supplemental information for if and when you need it related to what happened with those colorful media offline displays.

Lifesaver to avoid such situations = File Menu/Project Archiver and its Archive or Copy option

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7d cb.html

The following is a video tutorial on dealing with the "Where is the file....?" messages. It is supplied for informational purposes, not promotional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWUSpYYPEuU

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: .MTS???

Hi, A.T. ROMANO:

Thanks again.

""After I saved/closed a project, I moved, deleted, or renamed the folder/file file from its hard drive save location after I saved/closed the project.""

Since I found those originals on an external hard drive, I used the "Where is the file.....?" messages to reconnect them to my project: Replace Footage method for doing that.

Now, I just don't know how to do it rapidly. I began carrying it out clip by clip (that means "only" 732 movements ...). What a hell ...!

I appreciate your help.

El Jueves 16 de enero de 2014 22:57, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

• 12. Re: .MTS???
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

realizadorjansdel

Did you watch the video tutorial which demonstrated how best to handle those "Where is the file....?" messages? There are some tips in there that mention how to reconnect one and perhaps get the program to trigger a reconnect of others. But, all that depends on the circumstances of the disconnects.

Put the Replace Footage aside for now and focus on the "Where is the file....?" message for your recovery.

If you have moved, not deleted, files involved, how easy it is to put them back to where they were before. Not suggesting that yet, but just thinking about it just in case the "Where is the file....?" situation becomes impossible.

More later.

Will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: .MTS???

Hallo NEALEH!

Thanks so much for  your help and for the explanation of the Sam Levenson's  quote.

I understand now the way you explain your agreement with that "brainy" idea.

I will follow your hints.

Best regards.

El Viernes 17 de enero de 2014 14:28, nealeh <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

Re: .MTS???  created by nealeh in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

• 14. Re: .MTS???

Yes, I did.

"How to reconnect one and perhaps get the program to trigger a reconnect of others. But, all that depends on the circumstances of the disconnects."

That's the question! To reconnect or not to reconnect ALL ...

I'll watch it one more time. I din't find the way yet.

Thanks so much.

BR

El Viernes 17 de enero de 2014 17:19, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

• 15. Re: .MTS???
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

realizadorjansdel

As I mentioned, getting more than one missing image at a time to be triggered depends on the situation.

In the video tutorial, it happened in one case because there was more than one missing file in a given folder involved...so, he got one + in that case. He was doing all this with the "Where is the file...?" dialog open and working from it.

To get the golf missing ones, he would have had to go into the "Where is the file....?" there for the golf photos in another folder and try for the same as for fall folliage in the other folder.

But instead, he hit skip for the golf one and was only able to find one at a time at that level at the Timeline level.

Based on that, stay within the "Where is the file...?" folder ot folder and recover before you open the project by skipping all that have not been found. Let us see if that works for you.

More later.

ATR

• 16. Re: .MTS???

PE 10 ->  Opening Project (e.g. ROMA; *prel) [on the WELCOME DIALOG WINDOW)

It directly opens the project marked including the "offline" media and

timeline.

NO LITTLE MESSAGE IN THE "WHERE IS ...?"(tutorial)

To go to -> Desktop -> File Folder -> Assets ...

This scenario occurred:

I opened the file folder and I found all files. I clicked on one of them

(e.g. ROMA.log)

ERROR MESSAGE

"This type of file isn't allowed or the necessary code isn't set up".

Everything is blurred ...

My option of pity:

To replace files one by one. It works ... (Just 703 files ...) Nothing!

Thanks a lot and best wishes.

Realizadorjansdel

El Viernes 17 de enero de 2014 17:28, jose antonio nuñez sanchez de luna <anajose_romo@yahoo.es> escribió:

Yes, I did.

"How to reconnect one and perhaps get the program to trigger a reconnect of others. But, all that depends on the circumstances of the disconnects."

That's the question! To reconnect or not to reconnect ALL ...

I'll watch it one more time. I din't find the way yet.

Thanks so much.

BR

El Viernes 17 de enero de 2014 17:19, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió: