7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 8:50 AM by Szalam

my AE update messed me up!!!

jimlatuga

I upgrade my after effects program today and the upgrade 1s telling me Ineed a new graphics card to get a ram preview. It was working fine before the "update". I am in the middle of an assignment and it totally messed me up. I want my after effects the way it was this morning before I updated it. Please help!!!
      Jim

• 1. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> the upgrade 1s telling me Ineed a new graphics card to get a ram preview

Please post a screenshot of this message. That is not an error message that I have ever heard of.

Also, in order to help you, we need a lot more information. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

Sorry you had to discover this the hard way, but a smarter person than me told me NEVER to alter software in the middle of a project.  I ignored him, and I paid for it. 

The bright side of this is that you won't ever make that mistake again.

• 3. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've said this before, and I'll probably say it again. Your just as well have asked, "How much paint will it to make this red?" To which I would reply, "To make what red?"

Without some system details, the error message, and the steps you used to get to the message we have no clue what to suggest.

• 4. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
                jimlatuga Level 1

Hi all

I have never written here befroe so I didn't know you can attach a picture. Here are pictures that explain my problem. Does anyone know if one can revert to the previous version of AE they had before? It appears my board is older but I have no desire to upgrade at this time. Thank you if you can help. - Jim

my_info.jpg

• 5. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

That message does not say what you said in your original post.

All that it says is that one feature---the GPU acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer---requires a specific kind of GPU. Your GPU does not meet the requirements.

This has nothing at all to do with your ability to "get a ram preview" as you stated originally.

If you are not using the ray-traced 3D renderer (which you almost certainly are not using), then this message is not relevant to you; you can click OK and carry on normally. If you do want to use the ray-traced 3D renderer, then it will use the CPU, which would be quite slow, but it would work.

• 6. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
                    jimlatuga Level 1

Thank you Todd

You are correct but the ram preview does not work as well as before. I'm sorry I got upset because of the pressure. Thanks for responding quickly. I will ask questions sparingly.

Jim

• 7. Re: my AE update messed me up!!!
                      Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

jimlatuga wrote:

You are correct but the ram preview does not work as well as before.

If you are not using the ray-traced 3d renderer, then make sure you have your composition set to use the standard renderer. Otherwise it will be a lot slower.