1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 2:42 PM by sjpt

recovering adobe id for digital editions authorization

Cabin601

I can download books from my library but cannot transfer them to my nook.  I could do this for the first year and a half that I had the nook.   Using Windows 7.   When I go through the authorization sequence it asks for an adobe id.   I was told in an email from adobe support to use my email address.  This does not work.  The message is "E_AUTH_ADOBE AUTHORIZATION SERVER BUSY".   I've been grappling with this for several months now.  Unfortunately the latest version of B&N software (Nook for PC) is also unable to move downloaded library books from my computer to my Nook.    I have changed computers since my original authorization of my nook and apparently the original email from adobe with the adobe id is no longer available.   I travel a lot and really depend on getting library books to read.   I can't afford to keep buying new books all the time.

• 1. Re: recovering adobe id for digital editions authorization
          sjpt Level 4

One thing worth trying at ~~~ below ...

Also make sure your Adobe password does not include any special characters; the web site will let you create and use such a password, but ADE won't let you use it.

When they say 'use your email address', they mean use the email address that is currently associated with your Adobe ID.

(If this isn't your current email address, it is worth changingt the email associated with the Adobe ID, on the Adobe webiste).

If it is only library books and no old bought books, your best bet may be to give up on your old Adode account and create a new one.

Deauthorize everything (ctrl-shift-D for ADE itself, ctrl-shift-E to ADE for connected ereader) and reauthorize them with the new account.

~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help, and indeed installation can even trigger this state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

Another is  "E_AUTH_NOT_READY"

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0