13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2014 9:18 PM by Joule_Q RSS

Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update

LFedit Community Member

The Lumetri effects applied to past sequences show up as Checkered patterns in the preview, when relinking the presets to the LUT when they are applied to a clip in a timeline the timeline freezes and displays black.  Basically all my prior sequences to 7.2.1 are non usable, Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
          petergaraway Employee Hosts

Have you tried deleting your media cache?

To do this, delete all the contents of the "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files" folders here:

Mac:

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Win:

\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache and Media Cache Files

Or idea would be to try importing your sequence into a new project.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

• 2. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
            LFedit Community Member

I tried both of these things with no success..... same issue still occurs, any way to redownload the entire suite of 7.0 products?  Maybe reverting back to the original version they will work.....while Adobe can fix this major issue, other thread containing similar issues....

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5999388#5999388

• 3. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
              JSS1138 Community Member

If you're running OpenCL acceleration, try turning that off.

• 4. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                LFedit Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion Jim, I'm using CUDA acceleration, and the project and sequence was created on the same machine, only change was the 7.2.1 update. 

When this glitch occurs and you set and in and out point to render that section (Sequence: render in to out) an error occurs "Error compiling movie, Unknown error."

• 5. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                  LFedit Community Member

Also, Exporting a sequence with ANY clips that have a lumetri effect that have not been reconnected manually, with result in an "Error compiling move, Unknown Error"  This have been with LUTs loaded through the Lumetri effect in Premiere cc 7.2.1,

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and k5000 and k20 maximus configuration GPUs.  All my previous projects exibit this behavior......  

• 6. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                    JSS1138 Community Member

Unknown Errors are near impossible for us to help with as sooooo many things can cause them.  You'll just need to experiment and see if you can track it down.

• 7. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                      LFedit Community Member

Agreed with trouble shooting the Unknown errors,  It's just unfortunate that every custom LUT i've used with the Lumetri effect corrupts my projects in 7.2.1.  I'm narrowing down to the media cache and preview files don't match the updated LUT when the checkered LUT is relinked to it's location.  I'm working on NDA material, but i'll try to find an example that I can share and post a video to show the issue in context.

• 8. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                        R Neil Haugen Community Member

Don't know that it's connected ... but in the last "update" something somehow changed so that if I apply a LUT or Look in Sg that isn't already ALSO in the PPro Lumetri-effects folder, PPro can't 'see' that section of clip. Got the ol' red checker-board thing.

Tried it with a couple other "looks" and yep ... they have to be in BOTH PPro and Sg program folder-trees or it's broken. Before ... anything I did in Sg showed up in PPRo without problem, and clearly ... a decent numbe of the LUT's and looks I'd used were only in Sg's folder-tree.

So ... yea, got to learn where those two trees are and sort through copy/pasting everything in the Sg one into the PPro one. I'd asked a question of whether they also need now to be copied to Ae, got no answer from anyone. I guess I'll find that out later in the week when I get over there again.

You'd think the "common folder" thing, used for quite a bunch of things by Adobe, would be the "natural" home for cross-program shared "tools", wouldn't you?

Neil

• 9. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                          LFedit Community Member

Thanks R. Neil Haugen, I saw another thread containing information your stating, and have since uninstalled Speedgrade until I can get a stable Premiere.  I'm narrowing down ways to get Premiere to behave again, but i'll definitely look into copying the LUTs to both locations.  I'll keep searching and updating this thread....

• 10. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                            LFedit Community Member

I uninstalled Speedgrade, so the reconnecting by placing the LUTs in each folder didn't work for me.  It's really strange that when you manually link the LUT, premiere knows the last folder the LUT was located in, but can't automatically reconnect it.  So now I have to manually reconnect each LUT on a 1hr doc.....

• 11. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                              Joule_Q

Anyone have a fix for this? I just ran into the same problem when using VisionColors Osiris LUTs for the first time. Very frustrating. I tried putting the LUTs into the documents/speedgrade/lumetri/LUTs folder but still not working...

• 12. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                                LFedit Community Member

The only way I got it to work was to manually reconnect each LUT back in Premiere.....it's a pain, but once they're reconnected delete your media cache and previews and they worked.  Not sure how to move projects to other machines yet that use LUTs, as the LUTs get lost. Good Luck

• 13. Re: Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update
                                  Joule_Q Community Member

Got it working by doing the same thing. I just moved the luts to a different folder and relinked to them, then premiere could read them. Thanks for the response!!