1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 7:39 AM by Rick Gerard

Problem with rendering in Widescreen

martyE

Hey everyone,

Im having a problem with after effects.

This is probably simple for some of you but im a after effects rookie.

Basically, when i render my video using these settings:Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 09.38.35.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.15.39.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.16.25.png

i then upload the video onto tv.businessedgemedia.co.uk and when i click on the widescreen button of the video, it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.13.33.png

and when it is not on widescreen, it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.14.39.png

I need the video to be full screen, if i click on the full screen button..

Remember guys, I am a rookie so please dont use too much jargon. If someone could answer this question ASAP, it would be hugely appreciated!

• 1. Re: Problem with rendering in Widescreen
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know the upload specs for uploadng to tv.businessedgemedia.co.uk but I'm sure they would rather have the file compressed for delivery before you upload it. You have your output module set to a Lossless production format so your workflow is a little wonkey. The re-compression by the website is probably what fouled up your project.

Rendering using the lossless preset is the default which is good for the production pipeline. 720P is also probably OK but you would be better off is your project was 1080, and since this is the UK you may want to work at 25 fps (also a standard comp) but if it's only for the web any standard frame rate is OK.

Let's talk about rendering for delivery. This is where the Adobe Media Encoder comes into play. I would have, even with your 720P comp, added your rendered project to the Adobe Media Encoder and used the YouTube or Vimeo 1080P template and uploaded that video. If you are not using the Ray-traced rendering in your project you could also open you .aep file directly in the Adobe Media Encoder and save a step.

Here's a tutorial with 3 videos showing the entire production process in a nutshell. Please review that. You should also check the specifications for uploading to the site. I'm sure members have a link somewhere they can go to which has instructions.

1 person found this helpful