7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2014 8:46 PM by A.T. Romano

"No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)

joe1953x

When making an Auto Movie in pre12, as soon as i click the next button having selected the theme that I want, I get (No disk in drive D:), but if I eject the empty tray and leave it open all works fine.

• 1. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No disk in drive possible fix http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1315095

-the fix has to do with installling Smartsound

• 2. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
            A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

Premiere Elements 12 does not have SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5. This feature seems to have been replaced in 12 with "Music Scores" which does not carry the SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 name.

So, without further information, I would question the use of that fix in joe1953x situation.

ATR

• 3. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

joe1953x

What is this D drive...internal or external...what did you use it for last?

Have you download the theme that you wanted for this particular Instant Movie before this error message appeared?

How did you install the program...installation disc or from a download from Adobe or other?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
                joe1953x Level 1

Many thanks for your input , since removing and then re-installing, the problem with "Disc Error"  as now resolved itself, but leaves me with another one:

When I exit the program from the file menu, it just clears the project bins, clears the time-line and then freezes. Also dual screen mode freezes when I activate it.

I am using it in trial mode, downloaded twice from Adobe, with a view to purchase, thinking it would speed things up abit for me.

It looks like I might stick with my old Premier Pro and my Matrox RTX100 machine with XP. Old but perfect.

Win7

Intel core2

3gbRam

500gb system disc.

500gb internal scratch disc.

Radeon 6450 2gb Graphics.

Joe.

• 5. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

joe1953x

Thanks for the update.

You wrote

Also dual screen mode freezes when I activate it.

Does that imply that you are using more than one computer monitor in your Premiere Elements computer system? If so, what happens to all the problems if you disconnect the second monitor?

And, have we established that your computer's video display card driver, Radeon 6450 2gb Graphics, is up to date and has supports a dual monitor computer system?

ATR

• 6. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
                    Najai49

I have just went to the Sonic website download the Pro version FREE trail install

at my PC the message went away, it was annonying because I don't think PRE12 don't use

the files, but somehow still looking for those smart sound files...

but if you install the files, the msg will go away

Cheers

Han

• 7. Re: "No Disk" Error (premiere elements 12)
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Han

It does not make sense.

The SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 feature is gone in Premiere Elements 12 and has been replaced by Music Scores which is in concept like SmartSound but is not SmartSound.

I think that your happening was by chance.

Recently I had a strange No disc situation. Never had one as long as I have been working with Premiere Elements products 4 to 12 over more than 10 years.

I decided to install CONTENT for Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit. After all was done apparently successfully. I started to use the program and went to apply a disc menu. That is when I got hit with the No disc message. I could not get rid of it. The only thing that would allow me to continue in the disc menu location was to insert the Premiere Elements 10 CONTENT disc which seemed unreasonable since all the CONTENT could be seen saved to the computer hard drive where it was supposed to be.

I decided to restart the computer for one reason or another. Immediately after the restart, there was no problem applying the disc menu in Premiere Elements 10. I did not have to work with the Premiere Elements 10 CONTENT disc in the burner tray to get my Premiere Elements 10 disc menus applied.

This one computer before and after this incident had SmartSound programs on it related to many earlier Premiere Elements versions that are on this same computer. So, SmartSound features or files did not appear to be implicated here in this No disc matter.

So I would caution you about a jump to judgment on

but somehow still looking for those smart sound files...

Please consider if there are any alternative explanations for your results.

Thank you.

ATR