6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 7:00 AM by masterloggie

PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility

masterloggie

Part 1... Continuing saga with quality of rendering abd Blu-ray dsisk.

When I play bsck the video directly from my camera (HDMI) Sony HDR FX-1000 the video is very clear and looks High Definition on my 65 inch Panasonic plasma TV.  I mport the video through firewire.  I select the HDV 1080i 29fps just as it was recoreded in the camera' Field Order --- Upper Feild First by reverseFeild Dominace.  PE converts the file to MPEG2.  I do the project and reneder.  I select Blu-ray disk then highest quality and not "fit to disk" because I rarely have made a Blu-ray video that would not fit on the one layer disk.  The quality of the final product looks DVD quality .  Not High definition. 

Needed to make a normal DVD version for someone that did not have a Blu-ray player and using this rendered project the DVD disk look like VCR quality.

What have I done wrong?

Part 2.... I wanrt to make some slide shows with large Raw files from my Nikon D800.  What settings for Blu-ray HD quality would you reccomend for the RAW files or must I do a conversion to a different pixel size to get HD quaility?

Intel DP55KG MOBO

Intel i7 CPU 860@2.8Ghz

16 GB Ram

LG Blu-ray burner

Windows 8.1 64 bit OS

Thanks,

Ron

• 1. Re: PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

PE converts the file to MPEG2.

Why is this happening? If you use the Add Media/From HDV Camcorder and attach your cam to your computer with a Firewire cable, your captured video should be in .MTS format -- a high definition format -- rather than MPEG2 -- a standard def format.

As for your photos, resize your photos to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size and set up your project for Full AVCHD and you should get excellent resutls when you output a BluRay disc from this project.

• 2. Re: PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility
            masterloggie Level 1

Steve,

I feel preplexed and lost.  Where do I find the option for .MTS.  The add media from an HDV camera .... I can not find an option for .MTS.  Everytime I try to import from the camera is shows importing as an MPEG2 file.

Ron

• 3. Re: PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility
              A.T. Romano Level 7

masterloggie

You can import supported files with .mts file extension, but there is no export for .mts in Premiere Elements (any version). I think that you are confusing .mts with .m2t which can be found as a file extension for file via Publish+Share/Computer AVCHD and MPEG.

When you do a HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements Capture Window, you put MPEG2.mpg file on the Timeline.

If for some reason the HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements Capture Window does not work, then you do the HDV data capture firewire into the HDVSplit program. When you do that, the split clips that you put on the Premiere Elements Timeline (after you import them Add Media/Files and Folders) are MPEG2.m2t.

Remember, MPEG2 is the video compression which is characteristic of HDV here and .m2t or .mpg is the file extension, the wrapper/container format for that compression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV

ATR

• 4. Re: PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility
                masterloggie Level 1

ATR,

There no way to import an HDV file tMTS as you state in your first response.  Option for HDV import from camera results in MPEG.  I place the whole clips I import on the time lime one at a time and edit each.  I do n ot convert the files to another format.  After it renders the final project I burn it to Blu-ray and it uses MPEG. 

I am confused in all this "capture from your HDV camera in MTS format ---a high definition format----rather MPEG2--a standad def format."

I do not see an option when capturing from the HDV camera for the captured footage to be MTS. 

How do you capture a HDV camera footage to MTS in PE 11?

Thanks,

Ron

• 5. Re: PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron,

I never posted "...import an HDV file tMTS...." as you suggested in your reply statement

There no way to import an HDV file tMTS as you state in your first response.

You misunderstood and perhaps I was not clear enough when I wrote

You can import supported files with .mts file extension, but there is no export for .mts in Premiere Elements (any version).

As I wrote, I was referring to supported files with .mts file extension and was not referring to HDV data involved in the fireware capture. As I subsequently wrote, that is put on the Premiere Elements Timeline as MPEG2.mpg file. All I was trying to do was to point to the non-relevency of the .mts file extension in this Premiere Elements HDV data capture firewire discussion.

You wrote

After it renders the final project I burn it to Blu-ray and it uses MPEG.

When it comes to Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray.....the end product is in Blu-ray disc format on a Blu-ray disc. And, the video can be found on the disc in the BDMV Folder/STREAM Folder as 000001.m2ts file...member of the MPEG4 AVC/H.264 family.

Again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV

To answer your question..

How do you capture a HDV camera footage to MTS in PE 11?

You do not if you are looking to put MPEG2.mts on the Premiere Elements 11 Timeline. It will be MPEG2.mpg. If you are asking how to do the basic HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 11 Capture Window, then please refer to:

http://help.adobe.com/fr_FR/premiereelements/using/WS5CDA0F91-60F1-4b79-ABF6-E9E75F498DB2. html#WS2AF26FB5-4C63-4c46-9DB3-7249558F6528

Where are you see the following that is confusing you

I am confused in all this "capture from your HDV camera in MTS format ---a high definition format----rather MPEG2--a standad def format."

I would make the distinction between MPEG2 standard definition and MPEG2 HD. HDV would fall into the category of MPEG2 HD. I too am not sure where this "...in MTS format..." is coming from and how it is being defined with regard to HDV. I do not see it. As I have written

HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements....MPEG2.mpg on the Timeline.

HDV data capture firewire into HDVSplit and split clips into Premiere Elements...MPEG2.m2t on the Timeline.

Are you seeing anything different than that?

ATR

• 6. Re: PE 11 Rendering A quality and Final Blu-Ray Burn Quaility
                    masterloggie Level 1

My Bad ATR,

It was Steve Grisetti twho made those statements.... read his response.  I do apologize.

I assume I am dooing everything correctly to import the HDV and place it on the time line.  Just seem I loose quality from the raw footaage when PE11 makes the Blu-ray disc.

Thanks,

Ron