2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2014 7:37 PM by diamick

Transfer issue

diamick

I have a new Kobo Glo, which replaced an older Kobo.  Books I purchased from Kobo transerred flawlessly from ADE, but other books purchased elsewhere, and a borrowed library book will not.  ADE says they have transferred, but they are not listed on the eReader itself.  I tried bowworing another ebook from my library and that will not import to the eReader either, even tho ADE says it has.  I called tech support at Kobo.  They say it is an ADE issue.  Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Transfer issue
          sjpt Level 4

This is a second-hand comment from someone else but may be appropriate.

Read around the link a bit first to see if it really may be applicable to you

possible help with Kobo issues … I haven’t tried this

from post 23 in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1124380?tstart=0 by Shirltaylor, Jul 26, 2013

Yes it was extremely frustrating process to read any library books after the upgrade to Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.

Eventually it turned out that the process must have you sign out of the Kobo device Account under settings on the Kobo Device.

What we did was to remove all library books from the Kobo device and from the Adobe Digital Edition

Next was to sign out of the Kobo Device as well as the Kobo Desktop on the PC as well as exiting from Adobe Digital Edition.

Next was to start up Kobo Desktop and sign in.

Next was to connect the Kobo device to the USB port.

This resulted in the Kobo device being upgraded and Sync'd to the Kobo Desktop. Wait until the Sync is complete

Disconnect the Kobo device from the USB port

Next was to restart Adobe Digital Edition and using CTRL-SHIFT-D to deauthorize the computer and select Erase Authorization.

Next was to go back to Adobe Digital Edition, Help and Authorize Computer

Next was to reconnect the Kobo device to the USB port

Next was to select the Kobo device in the Adobe Digial Edition and Authorize the device

Next was to get a library book in the Adobe Digital Edition and then add it to the Kobo Device

Everything seems to be working from then on.

Have fun reading again

• 2. Re: Transfer issue
            diamick Level 1

Kobo Customer Care was no help to me with this issue, which was quite frustrating to me.  They kept saying it was an Adobe issue and not theirs.  I figured I had nothing to lose by trying the steps you sent. Voila!!  My Kobo Glo is now accepting library books and other books purchased from sources other than Kobo.  So, I give you my thanks.  I also am notifying Kobo Customer Care of this solution in hopes they will save others time and frustration.

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:15:22 -0800

To: diamick25@hotmail.com

Subject: Transfer issue

Re: Transfer issue

created by sjpt in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

This is a second-hand comment from someone else but may be appropriate.

Read around the link a bit first to see if it really may be applicable to you

possible help with Kobo issues … I haven’t tried this

from post 23 in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1124380?tstart=0 by Shirltaylor, Jul 26, 2013

Yes it was extremely frustrating process to read any library books after the upgrade to Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.

Eventually it turned out that the process must have you sign out of the Kobo device Account under settings on the Kobo Device.

What we did was to remove all library books from the Kobo device and from the Adobe Digital Edition

Next was to sign out of the Kobo Device as well as the Kobo Desktop on the PC as well as exiting from Adobe Digital Edition.

Next was to start up Kobo Desktop and sign in.

Next was to connect the Kobo device to the USB port.

This resulted in the Kobo device being upgraded and Sync'd to the Kobo Desktop. Wait until the Sync is complete

Disconnect the Kobo device from the USB port

Next was to restart Adobe Digital Edition and using CTRL-SHIFT-D to deauthorize the computer and select Erase Authorization.

Next was to go back to Adobe Digital Edition, Help and Authorize Computer

Next was to reconnect the Kobo device to the USB port

Next was to select the Kobo device in the Adobe Digial Edition and Authorize the device

Next was to get a library book in the Adobe Digital Edition and then add it to the Kobo Device

Everything seems to be working from then on.

Have fun reading again

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6001445#6001445

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6001445#6001445

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6001445#6001445. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.