24 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 2:21 PM by A.T. Romano

lost being able to publish with PDF.

ole geezer Level 1

My projects, Elements 11, have all worked great for me when published in PDF form.  Now I find that I can NOT publish in PDF.  It asks for me to verify with the number sent to me via email.  Yet even though it has my email address correct, I never get one.  So I can not get past that point. 

I do not use OutLook. I use Thunderbird.  So I tried to load OutLook to try to get past the problem.  I don't have MS Office on this laptop.  So I can't load OutLook.

I keep hitting brick walls AND I need it in PDF in a few days for a presentation.  I was counting on it working and spent a month doing the slide project. 

Please HELP, thanks,

Bob W5UQ@att.NET

• 1. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ole geezer

If you are waiting for an email from Adobe, have you looked in your email junk box? Often such Adobe sendings detour are detoured there by your email service. And, just where were you publishing this PDF which you can no longer do?

I think that you are probably in the wrong forum. Please read further for details.

You wrote

My projects, Elements 11, have all worked great for me when published in PDF form.  Now I find that I can NOT publish in PDF.

That seems to be telling me that you are probably working in Photoshop Elements 11 (photo editor) and not Premiere Elements 11 (video editor).

You posted in the Premiere Elements Forum instead of the Photoshop Elements Forum. Please repost your question in the Photoshop Elements Forum    http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

or wait for a moderator to move your thread from here to there.

Also best not to include contact information in your post so that you are not hit with nuisances.

ATR

• 2. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
            ole geezer Level 1

thanks... I'm a bit frustrated and my eyes are narrowed right now...

I will look in the spam.

thanks,

Bob

and the beat goes onnnnnn!

Di-dah, di-dah-dit.

Additional Info:

Retired RF Broadcasting Engineer of over 50 years.

Society of Broadcast Engineers Lifetime Member and Lifetime Certified.

Served in military 1962-1968.

My last DXpedition was 3DA0ET in November of 2013.

See  SwaziDX.ORG/team

Note, I have returned from that successful DXpedition.

Over 30,000 Q's were made.

Plus the additional Q's in the 2013 CQWW CW Contest.

I was told that we totaled close to 12 million points.

Calls held:

A25UQ Botswana-V31UQ Belize-VP2EEU Anguila-ZF2UQ Grand Cayman,

VP2MUQ Montserrat and HP0/W5UQ/MM/2 Carnival Cruise Ship.

And now, 3DA0ET.

See QRZ.com for accurate info on W5UQ.  Also, see W5UQ.com

• 3. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ole geezer

Please let us know the outcome.

Are you OK with reposting your thread in the Photoshop Elements Forum at Adobe if you do not find the Adobe email that you are waiting for? If not, I will ask one of the moderators to help you with that if they have not helped you with that already.

Again, we be on guard about the contact and personal information that you include in your posts for public viewing to avoid nuisance to you and your Spam Box.

ATR

• 4. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                ole geezer Level 1

A.T. Romano

checked spam and found a lot but nothing from Adobe or anything looking

like it.

Still can not publish PDF.  Thanks,

Bob

• 5. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

I am not clear where in Photoshop Elements 11 you are producing the PDF. I suspect the Elements Organizer 11, Create, Slideshow, with the Output option for PDF. But I do not recall ever needing anything from Adobe to carry that out. Maybe Create Photo Book? But, even there I do not recall needing Adobe assist for that, just an Adobe Reader.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are in Share/Photo Mail, but there is no PDF involved there. I must be missing something here. Did you give the process a second and third process?

Are you going to post your thread over in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or do you need an assist from a moderator to take care of those details?

ATR

• 6. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                    ole geezer Level 1

Thanks ATR.

Not sure where to post as I was on an Adobe site looking for the Adobe

Premiere Elements 11 forum and thought I had gotten to it.

I used to do my slide presentations, with text added, in Editor of Elem

11.  And I thought I published to PDF from there before.  It is not

there now, if I did.

The upper right of Editor has a  Publish+Share pull down.  That is the

first pix on my Word screen capture.  No PDF now and I don't recognize

that screen.  So maybe I did publish from Organizer.

The second screen capture is from Organizer and the same place, upper

right, Publish+Share pull down.

My wife says I have to quit and eat dinner.

I sure appreciate your help though.  I really do.

Bob

Di-dah, di-dah-dit.

Additional Info:

• 7. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                      ole geezer Level 1

correction:

in Organizer, upper right does not say Publish+share   it says Create +

Maybe you can see this in the pictures/screen shots.

No matter what I do, the PDF always stops with the need for "email

verification", sending me a number to insert in a box.

And the emails NEVER show up, even in spam.

My email has been working as it usually does.  I get several hundred

emails a day from Ham Radio Forums and such.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Di-dah, di-dah-dit.

Additional Info:

See  SwaziDX.ORG/team

Calls held:

And now, 3DA0ET.

• 8. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                        ole geezer Level 1

One more set of pictures to help you "visualize" what I am seeing.

Then I'm retiring for the night.  I'm 74 years old and am tired.

Even so, I am not really computer illiterate.  This problem is about to

wear me out though.

Good evening.

Bob

W5UQ

Di-dah, di-dah-dit.

Additional Info:

See  SwaziDX.ORG/team

Calls held:

And now, 3DA0ET.

• 9. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Ole geezer,

It appears that the Images are not attaching. This can happen when one is accessing the forum via a POP client, or mobile device. If accessed via a Web browser, the little "camera icon" can attach a JPEG, or PNG. For more details, this Tips & Tricks article might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2643538#2643538

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

ole geezer

From your prior posts, I was sure that you were working from Photoshop Elements not Premiere Elements. But, if you are working from Premiere Elements 11, you did indeed find the right forum. But, you are working in the Elements Organizer 11 that comes with Premiere Elements 11.

So, it looks like we here are in the search for the solution together. Do not worry. We will find the answer.

But, I will continue to search around my Elements Organizer 11 to find the location where you are working to get this PDF and end up needing a "verification number". Please try to get those screenshots posted. They will be a big help to get us in sync.

We will be watching for further developments when you get the time.

ATR

• 11. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                              ole geezer Level 1

gm ATR,

Yes I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 for sure.

I am in the Organizer.  Upper right is Create and Share.  I am trying to

use the Share and the 13th one down is PDF.

I select the file on the left that I want and drag it into the space on

the far right where it says to put it.

Then I follow the work flow.  First I name the file.  Then I have

inputted my email addresses, where I don't remember, but they show up in

the select Recipients (Optional):     And I have tried it without

selecting any recipients.  It does the same thing next no matter what

I do.

Then NEXT.   That is when the box comes up telling me that Adobe has

sent me an email with verification numbers in it.  I never get that

email.  And yes, I've checked SPAM.  I found some emails there that were

not spam, but not that particular one.

That is my "brick wall" now.  I am so very frustrated.

I've used PDF to create the file I use.  It allows me to use it on

anyone's PC/laptop, and I can advance at my own speed, go backwards, etc

all without the "slide show" being in control and going at its speed.

I have published my presentation in a format that will show at 5 secs

per slide and I can increase or decrease the speed.  But I can NOT go

back without going back to the beginning each time. With 500 slides,

that does NOT work.

I can not advance forward,  I have to wait for the slideshow to do its

thing and I can only pause.

I have some movies to show inside the presentation so I have to mark the

spots on my laptop screen with a grease pencil and get the moving dot

and drag it to that spot after showing the movie.  That is sloppy.

Thanks for trying to help me.  I need a format where I have control and

can stop, advance, backup, etc. without the "recorded speed" being in

control.

thanks.

Bob Hardie

W5UQ@att.NET

Di-dah, di-dah-dit.

Additional Info:

See  SwaziDX.ORG/team

Calls held:

And now, 3DA0ET.

• 12. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

No need to post screenshots.

I am finally on the same page with you. I found the choices that you are using that you pointed out to me in Elements Organizer 11 Share/PDF Slideshow. That feature will not accept "Video, Audio, PDF, and Photo Projects Format files", so I am assuming that you are using this feature to email photos in a PDF format (same principle as Photo Mail, but in PDF rather than in assumed jpg format).

Do you have more than one email address? If so, try entering that to get the verification for Adobe Email Services.

Watch for all possible places in your email program for it to be delivered to.

If you have not already, send yourself an email to make sure that your email system is working.

My choices in the Email client field are Windows Live Mail (my email program) and Adobe Email Service. Both work.

If you are in urgent need to email a PDF version of your photos, then you might want to try the following (not as quick, but will get the job done)....

a. Put your photos into an Elements Organizer 11 slideshow (Create/Slideshow and its Slideshow Editor)

b. Output that slideshow to Save As a File/PDF File (.pdf), setting the Slide Size to your choice.

c. Then from the hard drive save location for this PDF that you just created and saved to the hard drive, email it using your email program/your email provider.

Another way out possibility is setting up the Share/Photo Mail system and then seeing if that will trigger the Share/PDF Slideshow emailing.

But, please confirm if this is a situation where "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before". If it worked before, do you still have a verification number from that initial set up of this feature?

More later.

ATR

• 13. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                  ole geezer Level 1

ATR,   First of all thanks.

No I'm not wanting to email anything.  Just took that route because it

was required to get PDF. I used to save in PDF for my presentations

and it was easy. Now I can't.  (see more on this below)

SO, the point is, how to save my SLIDES ONLY presentation that I made in

EDITOR so that when I show them, I have complete control to advance at

my will, back up and such.  Go forward as the speed I want to and not a

preset speed.

That is the crux of the whole matter.

See below for my other answers.

Bob

• 14. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Based on what you wrote (that is, you do not want PDF emailing), I do not think that you were using the specific PDF Slideshow under the Share header before. But, be this as it may....

Get your photos into the Elements Organizer 11.

Select the ones that you want in your PDF slideshow.

Click on Create/Slideshow.

In the Slideshow Editor, arrange your photos (no bells and whistles since most will not be applicable to a PDF slideshow).

Go to Output at the top of the Slideshow Editor.

a. Select Save As A File and dot the choice of PDF File (.pdf). And while there be sure to set the Slide Size and PDF options such as looping, etc.

b. There are going to be 3 important saves involved.

The first...the PDF slideshow to a location that you designate on the hard drive.

Second, the PDF slideshow saved to the Elements Organizer as PDF.

Third, the PDF slideshow saved to the Elements Organizer as a Project. This is the thumbnail that you will use if you want to edit the PDF slideshow and get an edited version.

Please check it out and see if this works for you and if this could be what you were using before.

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                      ole geezer Level 1

I printed out your email and went one step at a time.

SEE BELOW... answers,   Bob

• 16. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

I saw your latest post (the one numbered 15), but I did not see anything below where it said

"SEE BELOW...answers, Bob".

If you have sent the SEE BELOW, please try sending again. Looking forward to the latest developments and progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 17. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                          ole geezer Level 1

Yes.  I sent the below:

• 18. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                            ole geezer Level 1

I have not been following on Internet forum.  Only by the emails sent to

me.  So I did not know the "forward below" Part was being eliminated.

Sorry.   I have copied the email you need to dee and it is below.

Bob

I printed out your email and went one step at a time.

SEE BELOW... answers,   Bob

• 19. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Please try again from your browser and the Adobe web site. However you are sending the SEE BELOW, it is not making it through to your posts.

There is a camera icon at the top of the reply post that you should be able to use to insert you SEE BELOW material. Please check out the size limit and such.

Thanks.

If the sending is too distracting to getting the job done, then let us just use the printed word to let us know where you are in the instructions/suggestions.

• 20. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                                ole geezer Level 1

Yes.  I sent the below:

• 21. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                                  nealeh Level 5

ole geezer wrote:

Only by the emails sent to me.

Sending images when replying by email does not work. You must use a web browser and come to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1376832 and log in with your Adobe ID and password. Then when you click 'Reply' you can attach images with the camera icon in the message toolbar

1.jpg

Cheers,
                                                  --
                                                  Neale
                                                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 22. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                                    ole geezer Level 1

Looks like I can't get my answers published in the forum.

Basically I tried what you suggested and it doesn't get me there either.

I have abut 570 slides with text on most of them in a completed (in the

Editor) project which I have saved in the Auto-Save files.

Also I have outputted some completed in Publish and Share, different

files, like in .f4v and FLV.   I plan to use the FLV in my VLC viewer

for the presentation.

If I could convert the FLV files to Power Point then to PDF that would

work.  And that is what I am trying now.

Problem is, I have to quit for the day in thirty minutes... it's 3:30pm

CST.

Tomorrow.   and THANKS to all who answered.

Especially to ATR.

Bob

• 23. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                                      ole geezer Level 1

I haven't been following on Forum.  Only by the emails sent to me.  So

didn't know that my "below answers" were being redacted.

Sorry.

I'm trying to sign into the forum and put my answers, however I have to

quit for the day soon and don't have much time left.

Will need to continue tomorrow.

Thank you very much to all who helped and especially to ATR.

Bob

• 24. Re: lost being able to publish with PDF.
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Thanks.

Tomorrow we can go over how you are doing with the Elements Organizer/Create/Slideshow route to the PDF slideshow and fine tune any instructions that need clarification.

Thanks for the follow ups. Very much appreciated.

ATR