5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2014 7:46 PM by A.T. Romano

How do you view a video clips metadata?

zBernie

In Premiere Elements 12, I don't see how to view a movies metadata.  Is there an option to do this in PrE 12?

• 1. Re: How do you view a video clips metadata?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Right-click on a clip on your timeline and select Show Properties. This will show you the clip's basic metadata.

For more specific metadata, you'll need to select the file in the Elements Organizer program and view the Info, Keyword Tags, Albums, etc.

• 2. Re: How do you view a video clips metadata?
            zBernie Level 1

For some reason I don't have the Show Properties menu item.  I've tried right clicking on a .mov and .m4v I added to the timeline.  I confirmed these movies do in fact contain metadata.

HOLD ON!

I was writing my findings above when it occurred to me that I'm in Quick mode.  I changed to Expert mode, and the Show Properties menu item is there.

-Thanks

• 3. Re: How do you view a video clips metadata?
              oldevhs Level 1

Steve

Does your answer above apply to PrE 10? 

I've tried it and all it seems to do is display the properties of the clip rather than the metadata --which should include the such things as the record date for camcorder video.  Actually, I've been using Show Properties for years to display editing options and changes on a given clip, but have never seen/noticed metadata info (such as displayed by DVDate).

• 4. Re: How do you view a video clips metadata?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. Versions prior to version 11 used Show Properties for a different function.

• 5. Re: How do you view a video clips metadata?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

oldevhs

Hope these observations help...

Premiere Elements 10 Windows

In Premiere Elements 10, if you right click the video on the Timeline and select Show Properties, what you get is the Properties Palette for that selected video. And, in the Properties Palette are the default panels for:

Motion

Opacity

Volume

Balance

And, if you right click the video thumbnail in the Project Media and select Properties, you get a property readout for the video which includes:

File Path

Type

File Size

Frame Rate

Source Audio Format

Project Audio Format

Total Duration

Average Data Rate

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Premiere Elements 11 or 12 Windows

Premiere Elements 11 or 12, when you right click the video in the Expert view Timeline and select "Show Properties" OR right click the video thumbnail in Project Assets and select "Properties", now you get the Properties dialog

File Path

File Size

Frame Rate

Source Audio Format

Project Audio Format

Total Duration

Pixel Aspect Ratio

In Premiere Elements 11 or 12 if you want the counterpart of the Premiere Elements 10 Properties Palette, after you select your Timeline video, you go the route Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette where the default panels are just Motion and Opacity.

ATR