14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 8:07 PM by A.T. Romano

Menu issues

milakana

When I preview the menu on the laptop, the various scenes show up with a nice highlighted yellow color.  When I burn the DVD and take try to play it on a DVD player, those highlights are completely gone and I can no longer navigate the various menus.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Menu issues
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are these highlights visible when you view the disc on your computer?

Is this problem unique to this particular template or are you seeing this same issue no matter which Movie Menu you select?

• 2. Re: Menu issues
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Milakana,

Two more questions, please: what OS version are you using? What version of PrE are you using?

The reason that I ask this, is that some earlier Mac OX versions seemed to have issues with Sub-Picture Highlights on Burned DVD-Videos - though we saw most of those issues with Adobe Encore, but it uses many of the authoring modules, as PrE does.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Menu issues
              milakana Level 1

OS X 10.8.3 and Elements 11

• 4. Re: Menu issues
                milakana Level 1

Nope

• 5. Re: Menu issues
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that info. I am looking for the Mac OS versions, that were causing a very similar issue in Encore, but think that it was a much earlier version. There was even a "stickie" on the Encore Forum, to that effect, but it was about 2 - 3 years (and Mac OS versions) ago. Unless that old issue has resurfaced, I think that something else, and new, is going on.

Steve G. asked about how the Sub-Picture Highlights work, when the DVD is played on your computer, with a DVD software player. That test's results would be useful here.

Thanks, and will research the Mac OS issue, but think that is moot in your case - many versions back.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Menu issues
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Looks like that issue was with Mac Leopard (and most of the threads were from around 2010). Here's one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2425103#2425103 , but I think that, as those problems ceased with Snow Leopard, it will NOT apply to your case.

Was just trying to remember similar issues, but think those were too far in the past to apply.

Good luck, and think that Steve G. is on a better track, than I was.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Menu issues
                      milakana Level 1

I checked the highlights just to be sure on the laptop and they are showing up nice.  But unfortunately not on the DVD player and 42 inch screen. 

I ran the project on DSLR 1080p 24fps and the video is all in mpeg format. 

Sorry about that.

• 8. Re: Menu issues
                        milakana Level 1

Highlights showed up nicely on the desktop.

• 9. Re: Menu issues
                          milakana Level 1

even though highlights showed up on desktop they still do not work on dvd player.  And I tried different menus and they did not work either.

• 10. Re: Menu issues
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

milakana

I know that you have said that you have tried different disc menus in troubleshooting the original problem, but could you post the names of all disc menus that you have looked at and cannot get the highlights of these menus to work in navigating the movie on the TV with the TV's remote.

I would like to do some road testing on this although I am strictly an Elements Windows person.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Menu issues
                              milakana Level 1

grid and faux widescreen...

• 12. Re: Menu issues
                                milakana Level 1

also the navigations work, you just can't see the highlight.  So you don't know what you are going to be viewing.

• 13. Re: Menu issues
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

milakana

Thanks for the additional information.

I will road test for both menus, looking at navigating with highlights on computer as well as TV DVD player.

I will be using Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit (not Mac), but let us see what I get.

More coming soon tonight.

ATR

• 14. Re: Menu issues
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

milakana

In the search for some basic highight flaws in Premiere Elements 11 grid or faux widescreen disc menu, I looked at their use in my Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit, at computer and TV DVD player level.

No problems at all.

For faux widescreen

Main Menu Page, had gray arrow head shape highlight

Scene Selection Page, had purple frame highlight to make the selection

For grid

Main Menu Page and Scene Selection Page, had red background highlight for each white text.

Are you seeing the same color highlights in your Mac counterpart?

When I was about to hit the post button for this post, I noticed that you had post in your other thread that you got the grid theme highlights to work for you, assumed computer and TV DVD player.

Great work. Any clues as why now and not before?

Please let us know if the faux widescreen now also works for you.

Thanks.

ATR