5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 8:43 PM by Warunicorn

Photoshop Touch Refund

Paigebreak

I have always been a fan of adobe's products. Photoshop being my primary tool for doing graphic design work. I decided to buy your adobe photoshop touch for my new tablet I had just received thinking to get similar results. Ie: Being able to draw an image on multiple layers and come out with a professional looking image. I did not realize this app was primarily for photo manipulation and that trying to draw on this app would be like trying to use ms paint. I was unable to connect to the internet within the 15 minutes to refund. I would appreciate one now. I purchased it this morning. I used it once.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Photoshop Touch Refund
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

You should try and give it more time as Adobe's always updating it. Tablets aren't desktops (and vice versa). They have to work within the hardware constraints of tablets. (Good tablets top out at 2 GB of RAM, for example, but Adobe has to keep the lesser-powered tablets in mind.)

Think of PS Touch as an extension of Photoshop, there to capture your ideas when inspiration strikes.

• 2. Re: Photoshop Touch Refund
            Paigebreak Level 1

For $10 for the app, I shouldn't have to "try and give it more time". For $5 I got another app that does everything I expected photoshop to do and I can export my images as psd files so I can finish them (with saved layer profiles) in Photoshop on my computer. I was expecting more from a program that I have used for years to create images from scratch. I merely expected a condensed version I could use for rough ideas while I travel. I am fully aware that Tablets aren't desktops, I wouldn't want one to be. The simple fact of the matter is that I wasted $10 on an app that doesn't work nearly as well as an app I got for half the price.

• 3. Re: Photoshop Touch Refund

You get updates for the life of the app. It's actually come some way since version 1.0. (We're now on 1.5.1.)

You can export as PSD or PSDX (PS Touch's native format). Photoshop reads this file format fine (as long as you have the file format plug-in).

May I ask what app it is that you're using?

• 4. Re: Photoshop Touch Refund
                Paigebreak Level 1

It's not updates that I am concerned about. I do graphic art. From concept to finish. I use photoshop on my computer to do this. I don't want to have to lug around my computer when I can use my tablet instead. I am currently using Sketchbook Pro and overall it's far more comfortable to use to sketch out ideas and export to finish later. I can't even do that much comfortably in Photoshop Touch.

• 5. Re: Photoshop Touch Refund

Ahh, well, there's your answer. It's Sketchbook Pro. (Which I have too.) Much more suited to the kind of work that you're doing. I'm always looking at PS Touch from the photography/image editing angle (which is more Photoshop's speed but I can understand where graphic artists use PS to do their artwork).