5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2014 7:44 PM by Buddycat

Starting with a static title, then scrolling up

Buddycat Level 1

I'm working on a 16:9 HD project with PE11.

I managed to do this with a project once, but forget how I did it.  What I want to do is fade in on a title centered in the screen, then have it scroll up, followed by other credits.   I tried a freeze frame, but when I inserted it into my scroll, it made 2 scroll sequences that moved much faster up the screen!   What am I missing here?

• 1. Re: Starting with a static title, then scrolling up
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You will want to probably use Motion>Position Keyframes for this, though you could also do it with Duplicate Titles, one static, and one with the animation.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Starting with a static title, then scrolling up
            Buddycat Level 1

I thihk I tried the latter, overlaying them, but as I recall, something weird happened, like one was widescreen but the other was 4:3.   Not sure how that happened.   But I'll give the motion animation a try and let you know.

• 3. Re: Starting with a static title, then scrolling up
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Buddycat

I will give you something to try in general terms now and then we can go into the specifics if it sounds like something you used or would like to use.

1. Text Menu/Default Text

2. Type out your rolling credits - titles et al - do not apply any automatic roll at this point.

3. Close the Titler

4. With just this single title on the Timeline

a. Apply a Four-Point Garbage Matte to hide everything but the title of the rolling credits, and keyframe the property so that  title and credits are visible and rolling only after the title has faded in and remained motionless for a few seconds

b. Establish two Opacity keyframes, 0 and 100% for the Fade In of the Title (could do that by hold down the Ctrl key and clicking once at each of the spots on the clip rubberband where you want the Opacity keyframes).

c. For the roll, apply Text Menu/"Roll/Crawl Options" and Roll, keyframe to start after Fade In and few second hold of rolling credits title. Do not use the Start Off Screen and Stop Off Screen options.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Starting with a static title, then scrolling up
                Buddycat Level 1

Huh.   That's an interesting approach.   I think it's similar to a thought I had, but I'll try your way first.

• 5. Re: Starting with a static title, then scrolling up
                  Buddycat Level 1

Wound up mostly using this techniq1ue.   I used the Keyframe animation, and then matched the speed of the movement upwards with the scrolling title credits.   Not the most elegant solution, but hey - it worked.