10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 2:33 PM by A.T. Romano

video editing mouse

PCNoviceMesa Level 1

I am new to editing and frustrated with my conventional Logitech $20 mouse. Anyone have suggestions on a mouse that is more efficient for the premier elements 12 editing?

thanks.

PCNoviceMesa

• 1. Re: video editing mouse
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I use a MS Inteli-point Wheel Mouse, and that works fine for me.

While I have several Wacom Intous tablets, that get heavy use with Photoshop, I use PrE & PrPro with my keyboard and my mouse, almost 99% of the time.

Just what works for me.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: video editing mouse
            A.T. Romano Level 7

PCNoviceMesa

I have never found Premiere Elements editing to be mouse dependant to the degree that Photoshop Elements might be. So I would ask "Where are you running into problems with your Premiere Elements 12 video editing and your present brand/model mouse?

I have seen articles where, for photo as well as video editing, the trackpad or a tablet has been preferred over the use of a mouse. I have always used an inexpensive mouse for the computers for video editing and have had no problems.  So, I could never see the point of trackpad or tablet for video editing.

We will be looking for some background on your reason to look beyond the mouse. Are you doing Photoshop Elements as well as Premiere Elements editing?

ATR

• 3. Re: video editing mouse
              PCNoviceMesa Level 1

thanks for reply ATR. I am using Premier elements 12 only, and I find it entirely mouse dependent. Part of the problem may be my abilities to navigate with a mouse and wheel. I am a senior so it is often difficult for me to always use the mouse with a ‘steady’ hand, and it is often a problem aligning the mouse arrow with the target.  I read that there are programmable mouse, and someone at Best Buy said maybe a ‘gaming’ mouse would help. I also read of special keyboards that help with video editing. So I was just curious if others had used these other products. Maybe just playing around with the mouse settings or trying a track wheel might help. eems like a track wheel would be smoother. I am just checking with experts before spending more money.I looked at track pads but am reluctant to try them. thanks...

PCNovice

• 4. Re: video editing mouse
                PCNoviceMesa Level 1

thanks for reply. I am 68 and often have a tough time keeping the mouse steady when navigating arrow to target. Also I am using PrElements12 only and it is mouse dependent, so I spend much time trying to be steady and align the arrow with target.So I was looking for something that would help. I have read of programmable mouse and special keyboards but am reluctant to spend more money if they are of no help. Also a guy a Best Buy said maybe a ‘gaming mouse’ would help. I am also wondering if a track ball would be better than a wheel. Thanks for you input...

• 5. Re: video editing mouse
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

PCNoviceMesa

Thanks for the follow up.

Those gaming mouse devices can be expensive. And, I wonder if you have not already found the answer when you wrote

Maybe just playing around with the mouse settings or ............

Also, you might want to look into the Optimal Mouse. If possible, test it out in the store before purchase and/or know the return policy at the place of purchase, just in case. Do you place your mouse on a good mouse pad surface? I have a terrible time trying to get used to those trackpad on the laptop.

Best wishes,

ATR

• 6. Re: video editing mouse
                    PCNoviceMesa Level 1

Hello again- I have the simplest of question. I spent many minutes trying to find the ’relevant’ button on the forum (after I logged in) to click to post a question on the community forum. I found nothing that says ‘click here’ to post a question. What is the step to do this? thanks...

• 7. Re: video editing mouse
                      nealeh Level 5

At the top of the page, towards the right, click New, then Discussion.

1.jpg

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 8. Re: video editing mouse
                        PCNoviceMesa Level 1

Ok- when I access ‘user forum’ under the help menu in PreEle12, there is no menu appearing that resembles what you showed. So I guess I must have a different version.

Also I am trying to post on MuviPix which I subscribed to, but there is no button to click to make a new message. thanks for your help.

• 9. Re: video editing mouse
                          PCNoviceMesa Level 1

My mistake. I finally got to it. thanks for your help. but still don’t know how to access on MUviPix.

• 10. Re: video editing mouse
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

PCNoviceMesa

If you are using Premiere Elements 12 Help Menu/User Forum to get to the forum here, what you will see will be the following (after you sign in).

getting there 1.JPG

Note the gray column on the right of the page, with category Actions and its Start a Discussion.

Keep in mind that as you click on many of the choices, the page display will change. Although clicking on that

"Start a Discussion" will open to a dialog for you to start a whole new discussion, you may not want that. All you might want to do is

reply to a Discussion/thread that already exists, not create a new one for every time you post.

In that case, after you sign in, go through the list of current threads until you find the one that you want to reply to and open it. Find the post in it that you want to reply to and hit reply at the bottom of the message to which you want to reply.

With the amount of traffic that is generated in this forum, it is easy to lose sight of your own threads. So what you do is this....

Click on your Adobe ID next to Welcome at the top right of the page, where you signed into the forum

That will bring up your Adobe ID profile with a list of recent posts that you can reply to after opening them.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On..Are you a subscriber at http://www.muvipix.com, with ID and password? On the top right of the page that opens is a place for a quick log in (asks for Username and password).