5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2014 11:00 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements help

Annsbeads

Is Kaspersky compatible with Premiere Elements?     Does anyone have recommendations for Internet security with compatibility?    

• 1. Re: Premiere elements help
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go back to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements?view=discussions and, in the area just under Ask a Question, type in

Kaspersky

You may now read previous discussions on this subject... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial, short list if the initial list does not answer your question

Also, I use Norton Internet Security with no problems

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere elements help
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Annsbeads

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Or, is it that you are just thinking about using some version of Premiere Elements and are doing some computer security homework before purchase?

Choices such as these can be specific to a customer rather than a generalization for all. When I had Microsoft Security Essentials installed on Windows XP, I could never get Premiere Elements to open. When I went to Windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials, I had no problems opening or other for Premiere Elements. In the case of my Windows XP experience, I never did get anyone online to confirm that happening.

Beyond the opening and performance of Premiere Elements programs, another important issue is file downloads that are blocked by anti-virus and firewalls.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Premiere elements help
              Annsbeads Level 1

Thanks for that John.

Ann.

• 4. Re: Premiere elements help
                Annsbeads Level 1

Thanks for reply.    I'm running Premiere Elements 10 with Vista.    

I've burned a slideshow today after I'd discovered that in Norton I

could tell it to stand down when Premiere Elements was running ( I

hadn't realised that before).    It did seem to help, as previously the

transitions were stuttery and shaky, this time they were a lot better.

I am thinking of moving to Windows 7 which I have on the laptop and

like.    Was also wondering whether to change to Norton when it runs out

in a couple of months, but now I've found the trick I learned today

maybe I'll stick with it.    I was thinking of Kaspersky but other seem

to have had lots of problems with that.

Thanks, Ann

• 5. Re: Premiere elements help
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Annsbeads

Whenever I see Premiere Elements 10 user, I think Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card display  issue.

There is currently an epidemic specific to Premiere Elements 10 users with computers that use a NVIDIA video card. The fix (for now and expected to be permanent) is the roll back of the video card driver version rather than the classical make sure you have the latest video card driver version installed. If your computer is using a NVIDIA video card, please check out the following thread in which I have tried to maintain an ongoing history of this situation.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

This issue would be expected to exist on Vista as well as other versions of Windows.

Your problems with the transitions or display may be due to this issue rather than the anti-virus program. Let us see what your further troubleshooting reveals.

Thanks.

ATR