1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 12:34 PM by Rita Amladi

Differences between the actual finished logo and the one in the tutorial

amyhoang97

Hi! I recently got Adobe Illustrator CC and started using it, but I have a few problems.

I pretty much watched the whole tutorial wanting to find out how to make the dotted line box inside the orange shape at the center. It was never shown, so I do want to know how to make that.

Also, the pictured logo has some messy stripes thing in the back shield symbol, which has normal stripes in Illustrator and in the tutorial. Does anyone know how to make that messy, artisticky effect?

Any help and advice is appreciated! Thank you!!

• 1. Re: Differences between the actual finished logo and the one in the tutorial
          Rita Amladi JapanEmployeeModerator

Hi amyhoang97,

We have a video tutorial in the Illustrator Learn show on the Creative Cloud that walks you through creating dotted lines and dashed strokes. It's titled Creating dashed strokes, and it's located in the Fundamentals section under Creating artwork.

Once you've mastered this, experiement with using some of the techniques and effects shown in the video, "Spicing up your design with effects," in the How to design a logo with Illustrator tutorial project that you just completed.

When you're ready, you can move on to watching other video tutorials under these headings in the Fundamentals section: Creating artwork and Brushes.

Have fun experimenting!

- Rita Amladi