4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 6:38 AM by A.T. Romano

premiere elements 9 does not work at all. please help!?

12schönertag

After one year stop working with premiere elements 9 it does not work at all: When I open: new project, I cannot click at the possibilities in the first window. When I open: project, I can find my old project ,but the trace (track) is hard to work with , I can see every movement of the mouse as a line. I can not click the possibilities in adjustment.

I deinstalled premiere and installed it again, and again... it is always the same.

What can I do?

I would be very happy about some help

sabine

• 1. Re: premiere elements 9 does not work at all. please help!?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have made any major changes to your computer? Updated to a new operating system?

Try launching the program while holding down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys (Cmd+Opt+Shift on a Mac) on the left side of your keyboard. This will clear out any corruptions that may have crept into your preference file.

You may also want to run CCleaner and do a good defragmentation. And, of course, manually go to Windows Update and ensure you have all Windows AND Microsoft Updates, including the optional ones that do no install automatically.

• 2. Re: premiere elements 9 does not work at all. please help!?
            12schönertag Level 1

Thank you,

but it did not help to hold ctrl+alt+shift keys and i did also run Ccleaner and I also did the updates.

WHat could I do anymore?

The only change in my computer was that i deinstalled quicktime player but I installed it again now. But I saw quicktime player runs with 32bit and premiere elements with 64bit. Could this be the problem?

Thank you

Sabine

• 4. Re: premiere elements 9 does not work at all. please help!?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

12schonertag

I have Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and QuickTime (latest version) on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit and all runs well, including the many other versions of Premiere Elements that I have installed on that same computer.

QuickTime is available only as a 32 bit application. And, your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is also a 32 bit application.

What is your computer operating system, including whether 32 or 64 bit system?

Some considerations if you have not already been there and done the following:

a. Right clicked the desktop icon for Premiere Elements and selected Run As Administrator

b. Check your video card driver to see if it is up to date. If so, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file.

c. Check out the possibilities in the Compatibility Mode via a right click of desktop icon, followed by selection of Properties/Compatibility Tab.

d. If you are using Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit, check out the use of its Windows XP Mode (virtual Windows XP SP3 32) which can be downloaded.

ATR