6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 5:26 AM by Steve Grisetti

Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12

jvd1280

The audio in my finished mp4 videos is low at certain points, but the volume level is fine on the tracks when I work on them in Premiere Elements 12. Has anyone else encountered this problem or has a suggestion on how to fix?

Thank you in advance.

Jim

• 1. Re: Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

•Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, don't forget to use the Audio Meters (under the Tools menu) to set your audio levels. DO NOT trust what you hear on your speakers or over your headphones!

You'll want your audio peaking at zero.

• 3. Re: Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12
              jvd1280 Level 1

Checked the audio meters and they were between -6 and 0 which should be pretty solid.

I'm using a Windows 7, 64 bit system with 8 GB of RAM. There's 111 GBs free on my hard drive. I mostly work with MTS files from a Canon Vixia HF M500 camcorder. All the applications on my system are up to date and I don't receive an error message. Quicktime is version 7.7.4. I am editing several pieces of footage that are strung together from different environments, but none of it had to be rendered before I worked on the project.

• 4. Re: Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12

Are you seeing this same low volume issue no matter what video format you output?

Try Publish & Share/computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset, and then play the file in VLC Media Player (a free download that's much more reliable than Windows Media Player or Quicktime).

• 5. Re: Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12
                  jvd1280 Level 1

Steve,

Thanks for your help with this.

I believe I discovered the problem yesterday. I was using the DeNoiser function (-20 reduction, 10 offset) to try and clear up some background noise on the clips. When I removed the effect from all the clips, I no longer had the audio problem in output. I've used the function before on other clips and did not have the problem. Perhaps it had an adverse effect on 50, 1-second clips?

• 6. Re: Audio problems in output - Premiere Elements 12

Could be! Nice troubleshooting.