1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 11:42 AM by Josh_Corey

Form id

searp207

I am trying out this form trying to move from formsite. I do have a few questions I hope someone will be able to answer. Is it possible to create a custom form ID for each form filled out? For example the id would be ws(year)(month)(day).(time)  We did this in formsite with a HTML code is it possible to do it in adobe form? Also what about porting the form answers to an email? and one more can i have rules on a number answer that if the number is less than 12 a new text question appears and becomes required in order to submit the form?

• 1. Re: Form id
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Here are some answers inline with your questions:

Is it possible to create a custom form ID for each form filled out? For example the id would be ws(year)(month)(day).(time)  We did this in formsite with a HTML code is it possible to do it in adobe form?

In the "View Responses" tab, the first column of the Response table is the submission date/time.  You can't customize any unique ID, but the date/time of submission is part of the record.

Also what about porting the form answers to an email?

There are "Email Notifications" and "Email Reciepts" that can be configured to send the form data to the form filler, author, and co-authors.  It is a list of the questions and answers and not formatted like the original form but the data is there.

and one more can i have rules on a number answer that if the number is less than 12 a new text question appears and becomes required in order to submit the form?

No, this is not supported, there is "Show/Hide/Skip/Page logic" but that does not include that type of validation on a text/number field.

Thanks,

Josh