3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 9:04 AM by Josh_Corey

Accessing Adobe FormCentral from different computers

Kathy K

I am purchasing FormCentral but I move around quite a bit and work in different locations and at different computers.

I am wondering if I can access this by logging in at different sites? NB These computers are all networked as I work for a large multi-site organisation 

Also if I want to do this, do I need to buy a licence for each computer I might use (ie does setting this up on a computer require downloading the program to the computer or is it all cloud based?

Cheers

Kathy K

• 1. Re: Accessing Adobe FormCentral from different computers
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

FormsCentral is not tied to a single computer at all, you can sign in from any computer, anywhere.  It is a complete cloud service/solution.

The only "exception" to that I have to mention since it can confuse users - Adobe Acrobat Professional XI comes with a desktop application for FormsCentral, it does not come with a subscription to the service, but with the desktop application which allows the Acrobat user to create forms and save them as PDF.  This desktop application is, as Acrobat is, tied to the computer/s they are installed on (Acrobat can be installed on two computers). 

However the Acrobat note above has nothing to do with where you can use your FormsCentral service if you have a paid subscription, with the paid subscription to the service (regardless if you have Acrobat or not) you have access from any computer you can access the internet from.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Accessing Adobe FormCentral from different computers
            Kathy K Level 1

Thanks Josh

Just further to that information … We are actually wanting to create some forms and we identified FormsCentral Plus as the best way to do this? Are we looking at the right software and is that the same as  ‘Adobe Acrobat Professional XI ’

We could create the forms on one computer but will need to access the results of people completing the forms on an ongoing basis and so would need to be able to do this from a variety of computers in a number of different locations.

Cheers

Kathy Krieg

Senior Organisational Development Consultant I Workforce Operations I

Workforce Directorate I System Performance I SA Health

t 8226 6352 I m 0404 950 319 I e katherine.krieg@health.sa.gov.au<mailto:katherine.krieg@health.sa.gov.au>

PO Box 287 Rundle Mall SA 5001

Level 7 CitiCentre 11 Hindmarsh Square Adelaide SA 5000

DX 243

Web site: http://www.health.sa.gov.au/

This email may contain confidential information, which may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this email. If this email is received in error, please inform the sender by return email, and delete the original. If there are doubts about the validity of this message, please contact the sender by phone. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the email and any attached files for viruses.

• 3. Re: Accessing Adobe FormCentral from different computers
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

There is an FAQ to assist in that question: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1385

Here is an overview of FormsCentral that might help understand the service: https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/library/how-to-make-create-sur vey-or-form.html

Acrobat is completely different and can be used along with FormsCentral to further edit PDFs after creation in FormsCentral and any other PDF editing/creation tasks, I can't go into the benefits of Acrobat here, Acrobat is extremely useful software and needed by most businesses but it is not necessary for a FormsCentral subscription.

There is also a great "cloud" bundle that includes both Acrobat desktop installation and subscriptions to a collection of useful services including FormsCentral.  It also includes PDF Pack (to convert other file types to PDF), ExportPDF (to convert PDF into other file types), Acrobat.com (file storage and other services) and Reader mobile.  This collection of services including Acrobat is only $19.99/mo  The desktop software is tied to 2 computers max (you can unlink from one to install on another anytime you need to move it though) but all of the services are available from any computer you have internet access.

https://www.acrobat.com/acrobatplus/en/home.html

Thanks,

Josh