1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 4:20 PM by Mike M

Photoshop 7.0 for Mac OSX

tgans

I bought Photoshop 7.0 for my Mac OSX and it won't install. The site I bought it from won't return it because the package is open. (duh, I have to open it to install it) but I get a message saying my computer does not support PowerPC. I specifically bought the version for Mac OSX and when I put the disk in. the install icon looks strange and won't work. Is there something I can do to get it to install? I spent $250 on this program and since I can't return it I was hoping to find a way to make it work. The owner of the site I bought from is not being very cooperative about returns. Thanks

• 1. Re: Photoshop 7.0 for Mac OSX
          Mike M Level 6

Photoshop 7 is a PowerPC app. That means it was designed for a processor (IBM PowerPC) that Apple discontinued NINE years ago, and ended all support for more than four years ago.  If you have a Mac newer than 2009 there is no way to install this app, because it would require "Rosetta" which Apple stopped supporting with OS 10.7. "Rosetta" allowed PPC apps to run in an emulated environment, and Photoshop was one one that ran terribly in Rosetta, so it would be pretty much a waste of time to try.

You would be best to try to sell it on ebay and recoup some of your money, but there is no way you'll ever use this with a Mac newer than 2009.