5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 9:26 PM by A.T. Romano

New Photoshop Elements 12 won't start installation

St. Viateur

Just bought Adobe photoshop elements 12. The disc will pop out after 15 seconds. I hear my Mac but nothing happen. I have all the system requirements (Mac OSX (10.8.5) and recent version of Flash Player. What could be the problem. Thanks!

• 1. Re: New Photoshop Elements 12 won't start installation
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>What could be the problem

The problem HERE is that you are in the wrong forum... you need

Photoshop Elements Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

• 2. Re: New Photoshop Elements 12 won't start installation
            St. Viateur Level 1

Actually I wrote photoshop elements 12 but the disc does also include adobe premiere elements 12.

• 3. Re: New Photoshop Elements 12 won't start installation
              A.T. Romano Level 7

St. Viateur

Although you purchased the bundle of Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12, each is a standalone product. And, each has it own set of considerations based on its basic reason for being, Photoshop Elements (photo editor) and Premiere Elements (video editor).

However, if I am understanding what you are trying to tell us....

I see your rationale in posting in the Premiere Elements forum since your issue seems to target the installation disc which includes installation files for Premiere Elements as well as Photoshop Elements.

Am I correct in understanding that you insert this one and only disc into your DVD burner tray and, before you can select Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, the DVD burner tray pops open? Is that correct?

Please excuse the following additional questions, but I do not want to take anything for granted...

a. These bundles come with installation disc for Windows and Mac. Could you have picked up the Windows disc by mistake?

b. Did you purchase the bundle from Adobe or an authorized reseller?

Please verify my understanding of your basic question and confirm that you installation disc is the one for Mac not Windows.

Let us start here and then move forward from there.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...If I understood your question...you are not in the wrong forum.

• 4. Re: New Photoshop Elements 12 won't start installation
                St. Viateur Level 1

A.T. Romano,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to help me find a way to resolve my problem.

«Am I correct in understanding that you insert this one and only disc into your DVD burner tray and, before you can select Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, the DVD burner tray pops open? Is that correct?»  Yes, this is correct. And this is what puzzle me the most as there is no dialog box showing up on the screen. Nothing happen for a few seconds and the DVD pops out.  Basically, the computer doesn't recognize the DVD.

a. I used the disc identified as MAC OS.

b. I bought the bundle at an authorized reseller (Staples)

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: New Photoshop Elements 12 won't start installation
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

St. Viateur

Is there any chance of you trying that installation disc on a friend's or relative's Mac...not the complete install, just seeing if you can initiate the installation process?

As an Elements Windows user, I do not know all the finer point of the Mac computers and their burners. Are there any settings in the Mac preferences or permissions that might be involved.

We need to find out what is going on with your burner and that disc. We might consider contacting Adobe via its Adobe Chat. When the following link opens, click on I still need help to bring up the Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

As a final measure (depending on the situation), there is always the consideration...

Download the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12 Mac from Adobe. At installation insert your purchased serial number. The serial number should be on a label on the box that the discs are in.

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR