• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues in losing an applied custom style when publishing?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We created a custom style sheet, and applied it to all topics in a project, but when it was saved, generated, and published in RH 9, it didn't keep any of the style that was applied at all. It kept all of thetext, changed the bullets to generic bullets, but the fonts, sizes, colors and custom bullets were gone. Please let me know if you have found a solution to this problem. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you have applied all the RH9 updates. There are two available from http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Can you also confirm you are generating WebHelp and whether the issue appears locally as well as in the published location, is the same in different browsers and with different users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the applied CSS does not generate and save or publish to the SharePoint site when completely published. All available updates have been applied. The open project has the css applied to each page, but when published, it goes back to the default CSS. I tried in Chrome and IE, and had others go to the site and open the published project. It is just not there.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a test – generate to a local c:\temp\ folder and see if the css is present and being applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it didn’t keep the CSS when published locally either.

Thanks,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, it’s always worked for me – do you have any inline formatting that might be overriding the custom css? Can you share the project? I’m willing to have a look at it if you want – send me a PM and I’ll give you my e-mail address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you generate you have the option to apply a different CSS. Make sure you have not done that. Also try specifying the required CSS.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp