7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 12:13 PM by A.T. Romano

Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449

aardga

This bug was dicovered with PRE12 and reported to Adobe began on Dec 13, 2013:

When I want to apply a "Style" to a title, it will only work if I have closed the PRE 12 program and re-start again. It will not work if selected the 2nd time for another title. I can only use this feature once at any time.

• 1. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aardga

I am not sure if you mistakenly posted this thread thinking that this is Adobe. This is not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements User trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows.

The Premiere Elements 12 Styles - Title issue in the Expert workspace of the program is a known issue and has been discussed in this forum in several threads. The problem is not seen in the Quick workspace.

These are a sampling of the threads that included this issue in their discussion

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5849275

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5868795#5868795

The fix for now seems to be working in the Quick workspace for this Style Text situation. See all posts in threads cited.

Please review the above and clarify the nature of your thread. Please contact Adobe as you did before when you obtained your case number if you are looking for follow up from Adobe on your case number. There is no Adobe fix for this as far as I have heard.

Please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
            aardga Level 1

I did not mistakenly post this thread. I am frustrated that Adobe has not responded over the past couple of months

by addressing this issue. So I posted it on this forum for two reasons, one to prod Adobe to do something. Secondly, hopefully, someone in this forum may have an answer.

Regards,

AARDG

• 3. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
              the_wine_snob Level 9

aardga,

Unfortunately, we have scant Adobe presence in this forum. An engineer DOES show up, now and then, but infrequently. Adobe will likely not see the post.

I do agree that the Styles Bug does need to be addressed, and a patch/fix issued, but your Adobe Support case is as good, as it gets. Some beta-testers point out that the Bug was revealed in testing, but, to date, nothing has been done, that we can see.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
                A.T. Romano Level 7

aardga

Thanks for the reply and clarification.

Since I posted in your thread, Hunt has replied with the situation as it exists.

I do not think the prod approach will be effective as you planned in this instance. The "move forward" answer is to use the Quick workspace for changing the Style for text if you need to change the Style for text. And, look into what works for you in this case with regard to toggles between Quick and Expert workspaces.

Based on history, a "patch" is highly unlikely. I can cite you specific instances with other versions and other "glitches". Note, when I write "I", I am offering my opinion. I am not Adobe nor am I affiliated with it in anyway.

With regard to the case number showcased in your title, what was Adobe response in your contact with it?

Moving forward, we hope that the information helps you with a workaround for the Style Text Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace matter.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
                  aardga Level 1

The first time I gave an Adobe tech. access to my computer so he could understand the problem first hand. He had me carry out the actions that initiated the anomaly and then said he'd get back to me. That was December 13, 2013. Then another Adobe tech. phoned me on Jan. 7, 2014 and we discussed the problem for a few minutes. He promised to get back to me within 4 hours...he never did.

That is the sum of Adobe's help to date

On the positive side, I tried out switching back from 'Expert' to 'Quick' back to 'Expert' in order to use "Style" again....and it worked! I wish the Adobe tech. had at least told me that trick.

Thanks for your help,

aardga

• 6. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
                    aardga Level 1

Thanks Bill...I think some of it has to do with internal Adobe politics and their bean counters.

• 7. Re: Applying a Text Template -  - Case#0184993449
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

aardga

Thanks for the additional information.

Great news that you included is

I tried out switching back from 'Expert' to 'Quick' back to 'Expert' in order to use "Style" again....and it worked!

Please never hesitate to ask questions here and to ask for clarification on anything written.

I am glad that you posted so that we could clarify this Style Text situation in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace.

I have a blog (free, no ads, not ties to anyone, just my documentation on my Premiere Elements explorations and experimentations). In July 2013 I wrote a blog post on Premiere Elements 11 Styles. I post the link in case you are interested.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-titler-part-2-styles.html

I did not have the Styles Text problem in version 11, and version 12 was not yet released.

Best wishes,

ATR