2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 2:14 PM by Josh_Corey

Side by Side not available

RolandK15

I can't get the side by side icon. I see no check for updates in help. I see no version information in the help. Therefor I feel like I have no help. Others forums talk about resizing a field before the sbs icon will appear. Can't resize either. In my file properties I have found 11.0. In Help>About it's build 1.0:697665-A. This is a program installed by the large company and I'm not sure how current it is.

• 1. Re: Side by Side not available
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

That build installed with Acrobat and was before the Side-by-side feature and this is why you don't see it.

I think that the company has locked a setting in Acrobat that does not allow Acrobat (or FormsCentral) to be updated, I will look into it (it's been a while, have to dig around for the info) and get back to you.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Side by Side not available
            Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

When you click on the "person" icon in the upper right corner, do you see "Sign In" as an option?  If you do not see "Sign In" your IT department has turned off all "Acrobat.com services" when Acrobat was installed. 

You can see if you can update Acrobat which would also update FormCentral to a newer version that does support the Side by side layout. 

Without the IT department changing this configuration you will not be able to sign into FormsCentral (at least in the desktop application) or update the application except for the updates it gets with an Acrobat update.

Thanks,

Josh