3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 9:41 AM by Captiv8r

Button States in Captivate 7

tim-slade.com Level 1

Hi,

This may seem like a dumb question. Trust me, I'm frustrated that I can't figure this out myself. I'm new to Captivate and I'm trying to create a button that has a rollover state. I've managed to insert the button and style it the way I'd like, but I can't find any property settings to create different states.

Is this not possible in Captivate 7?

THANKS!

Tim

• 1. Re: Button States in Captivate 7
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Tim

What you do is use an Image button. You create three different images to use. One for natural state, one for moused over and one for clicked.

Look in the properties for the button object and ensure the type is set to Image. Then you will see the images. There will also be a file browsing icon you can use that will open the location of the existing images. That will help in identifying the naming convention you need to use if you are using custom images.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Button States in Captivate 7
            tim-slade.com Level 1

Thank you Rick. So, if I'm following you correctly, in order to do this, I need to design the buttons outside of Captivate (Illustrator or Photoshop) and use those images to create the button?

• 3. Re: Button States in Captivate 7
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello agian

Yes, assuming you don't wish to use any of the supplied button images, that is correct. Captivate has a whole slew of them but you may wish to use a totally custom solution. Just be sure to name them using the _down or whatever so that Captivate will recognize them.

Cheers... Rick