• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Admin Login Security:Form Autocomplete Password?

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Security vulnerablity exists within CF administrator log in page (/CFIDE/administrator/login.cfm) HTML form.  Does anyone know how to apply a solution or work-around? 

Web site security scanning reports the CF adminstrator log in page uses <input> password field autocomplete=on (default).  Solution is to edit web page form appending attribute "autocomplete=off".  But since the entire CFIDE directory uses ColdFusion's encryption, page is not editable. 

A week ago (1/8/14), at Adobe's telephone customer support direction, I submitted a request for help to Adobe's support site (bugbase.adobe.com).  Requests to this site go into the ether ("not externally visible"). No response whatever has been provided. 

The basic fix is for Adobe to send or provide an updated web page.  Problem is a site security issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Like I said, the security-related bugs are handled differently from all non-security-related ones.  They get hidden from the public bug tracker (for security reasons).  Since the public bug tracker is what sends out the auto response emails, you won't get any for security-related bugs.  You'll have to contact Adobe directly to get status updates.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think bugs related to security are automatically "hidden" for security reasons.  Other (non-security) bugs result in notification emails whenever their status changes or comments are added.  You may have to get back in touch with Adobe phone support to find out how you can track the status.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing page source (View|Source - IE) shows <input> password field uses attribute "autocomplete=false".  "false" does work for me to disable automatic fill in. However security scan must be looking for the correct HTML syntax  "autocomplete=off"  (http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Elements/input/password). 

Adobe telephone customer support said I would get a response by email or telephone after submitting "bugbase" request.  Any response has never come.  As a customer, and for my customer, even an automated email from Adobe would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, the security-related bugs are handled differently from all non-security-related ones.  They get hidden from the public bug tracker (for security reasons).  Since the public bug tracker is what sends out the auto response emails, you won't get any for security-related bugs.  You'll have to contact Adobe directly to get status updates.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe customer support,  Support found the bug number, discussed the concern, and issue is progressing. 

Thanks Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the Bug# 3690477. We are looking into.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation