• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the latest Robohelp version which can export to Winhelp 4 .HLP ?

Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

We've been working with Robohelp X5 for 'a while' now, and due to some issues with 'latest' Word versions (I think any Office after 2000 is giving us issues), so  we want to renew our license to the latest version possible.

We've been trying Robohelp 9 (it has Robohelp for Word and it can export to Winhelp 4 (.hlp) format).

We also tried Robohelp 11 and didn't find nor Robohelp for Word nor Winhelp 4 export possibilities.

What about Robohelp 10? Does anybody know if it has Robohelp for Word AND can it export to Winhelp 4?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

RoboHelp for Word 10 has the same outputs as Rh9. If you have a licence for 9, I would be looking deeper into what changes there were. Probably only support for 2010.

If you do want to upgrade to that, you will have to find a software vendor with boxed sets as Adobe are no longer shipping Rh for Word 10.

Better still, given Windows support for the HLP format, isn't it time to move on?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify: RoboHelp for Word is no longer available in RoboHelp

11. - Unfortunately, I can't help you with the winhelp question.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you know what's the latest Robohelp version that has Robohelp for Word included?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 10 is the last version to include RoboHelp for Word. - Not sure

about Winhelp 4 though as I never use RoboHelp for word.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp for Word 10 has the same outputs as Rh9. If you have a licence for 9, I would be looking deeper into what changes there were. Probably only support for 2010.

If you do want to upgrade to that, you will have to find a software vendor with boxed sets as Adobe are no longer shipping Rh for Word 10.

Better still, given Windows support for the HLP format, isn't it time to move on?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if Robohelp 9 has all we want, v.10 would also fit us, right?

Thank you for the information. The reason why we need support for Winhelp 4, is because we still maintain a lot of legacy software that sometimes need an update.

Thank you for your help, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Willam I don't use RoboHelp for Word but from what I am told the only change was Word support. You could check that with your vendor.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp