7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2014 12:12 PM by wfr303

PS 2.0 User

wfr303 Level 1

I just got a new PC with Windows 7 to replace old one with Windows XP.  I can no longer use PS 2.0.  What do I need to do to restore functionality?

• 1. Re: PS 2.0 User
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

When you say ps 2.0, what is the exact version of the adobe software?

i.e a version of photoshop, photoshop elements, photoshop starter edtion, photoshop album or.........?

• 2. Re: PS 2.0 User
            wfr303 Level 1

It came with my HP PC as free software. The name that appears when I click on
            "Properties" is Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0..  Does that help?

• 3. Re: PS 2.0 User
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That's 11 years old, but if it won't install from the cdrom, try copying the contents to a desktop folder and install from there.

• 4. Re: PS 2.0 User
                wfr303 Level 1

I will try your suggestion but it may not work as the original CD Rom indicated it was for Windows XP and my new PC is running Windows 7.  If it does not work, if there a newer version of PS that I can download that is fully compatible with my numerious slides saved on PS Album 2.0?  I am looking to duplicate functionality of orginal program.  Thanks

• 5. Re: PS 2.0 User
                  Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

Photoshop Elements contains the Photoshop Elements Organizer, which includes some of the what the original Photoshop Album Starter Edition had (in terms of a manager for your files, and simple edits).

Frankly, the software has progressed well beyond where it was 11 years ago, and you will find that the Elements 'iteration' of the app is far more sophisticated than the old Starter Edition app.

Adobe does offer a consumer app called Adobe Revel which, while a totally different program, is Adobe's more consumer level offering. It can be used without any cost, though uploading more than 50 images (after the first month, which is unlimited) will cost some $.

• 6. Re: PS 2.0 User
                    wfr303 Level 1

Thanks for the information.

• 7. Re: PS 2.0 User
                      wfr303 Level 1

I purchased PS Elements 12 and installed it. I thought all old PS folders/tags would transfer over automatically. They did not. When I contacted Adobe, sales person said transfer would occur. However, when I went to technical support, they told me there is no way to import old 2.0 version files to Element 12.  Does anyone know of any way to import them?