5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 1:05 PM by Josh_Corey

Form submitted to email address?

BRetreat

How can make my forms submittable to my own or another email address?

• 1. Re: Form submitted to email address?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Are you looking at doing a "PDF" or a web form work flow?  (Distributing a PDF or a URL to an online form)

Also, are you looking at using FormsCentral or is this a general PDF form question? 

Knowing those details I can answer better.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Form submitted to email address?
            BRetreat Level 1

I've created a form (an application) in FormsCentral.  I want to have the form posted to our website, fillable from the website, and then when a user hits "submit," i would prefer that the completed form is submitted to an email address. Is that possible?

• 3. Re: Form submitted to email address?

One of the features in a Paid level subscription is "Email Notifications" (you can also set up Email Reciepts to be sent to the form filler), you can be sent an email with the submitted data for each form that is submitted.  The formatting of the data is two columns of text, it does not look like the original form but all of the data is there with exception of "attachments" which have to be downloaded from the "View Responses" tab, attachments file names are listed in the Email Notification.

There is currently a "Free one month trial" for the "Basic" level plan if you want to experiment with the subscription level features.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: Form submitted to email address?
                BRetreat Level 1

I am a paid subscriber.  I already know about the "options" for email receipts to the form filler.  I've done that part.  But where do I find what you're referring to--where I can designate an email address to which the data submitted will be sent?  Haven't found anything about that.

• 5. Re: Form submitted to email address?

You said you use "Email Reciepts" to the form filler, the feature I had mentioned was "Email Notifications", for you the author or anyone else you define (who also has a FormCentral login) can recieve an Email Notification (a different sub-tab on the Options tab): http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1424

Have you tried Notifications and that is not what you are looking for? (Notifications has the option to include the form data)

That is the only way that data is sent to an email address from a FormsCentral form, Email Notifications (to author/co-author), or Email Reciepts (to form filler).  Several users have requested that a PDF of the filled out form be attached to the Email Notification so you recieve the form as it looks when it is filled out, is that more of what you are looking for? 

Thanks,

Josh