1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 5:05 PM by Brett N

cs6 plugins and brushes

goido1962

In Windows 7 pro when you install cs6 you end up with cs6 (64 bit) Photoshop folder and a (x86) photoshop folder. In which one do you install plugins? I was advised not to drag plugins from an earlier version of cs in CS6. I will need to drop my new brushes inyo the brushes folder. It would be the Adobe 64 bit or Adobe (x86) brush folder?

• 1. Re: cs6 plugins and brushes
          Brett N Adobe Employee

The reason you have both a 64- and 32-bit version of Photoshop installed is because some plug-ins are encoded as 64-bit and others are 32-bit. Find out which your plug-ins are and install to the corresponding version of Photoshop. But most likely, the plug-ins are 32-bit.

If you install your brushes directly to the Photoshop folder, then they will only show up in the bit version of Photoshop you launch (install in 32-bit and they will only show up in 32-bit Photoshop). However, you generally want to install personal presets into the user preset directory: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\[feature name]