1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2007 7:32 PM by DavidBWelch

Installation in Rational 7

DavidBWelch
      Has anyone gotten FB3 installed and working properly in Rational Application Developer?

I have installed the plug-in FB3 into the default directory using the FB3 installer, then it indicates you need to install as an "extension", which I do. However, I created a project using new "Flex Project", but, cannot edit the default .mxml file (it displays "An unknown item is declared as the root of your MXML document. Switch to source mode to correct it." and, the Components view only shows the categories of components (Custom, Controls, Layout, Navigators,Charts) and nothing else.

The content of the generated mxml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute">
      </mx:Application>

Has anyone gotten this to work in RAD7?

Thanks,
      David
        • 1. Installation in Rational 7
          DavidBWelch Level 1
          I've now tried to install under Eclipse 3.2 (MyEclipse), and, the builder also doesn't work there either. After the install, indicates there was an "error", and you can "soft" link using the extension, but, after installing as an extension, creating a basic Flex project through the wizard always results in a null pointer.

Has anyone installed FB 3 Beta 2? If so, what specific Eclipse build/version?

Has someone at Adobe published the Eclipse version that has been tested and working using the FB 3 Beta 2?

Also, is this forum the only means for getting assistance on the beta?

Thanks,
          David