2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 2:17 AM by CMB Flash

Adobe Extension Manager : extension install failure

CMB Flash Level 1

Hi,

I first installed without any problem the extension "Divine Proportions Tools" in my Adobe Exchange Panel under the latest version of Photoshop CC, on my former MacBook Pro (OSX Mavericks). Today, when trying to reinstall this extension in Photoshop (reinstalled too) on my new

MacBook Pro, I've got the following message in Adobe Extension Manager : this extension cannot be installed because of the failure of the checking of licence informations (and the message : "error code -603" mentionned in the Exchange Panel of Photoshop).

Thank you for your help !

Claude MAC BURNIE

claude@photocmb.com

• 1. Re: Adobe Extension Manager : extension install failure
          lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi Claude,

Are you still seeing this issue? To help troubleshoot, if possible, could you gather the following log files for me.

1) Extension Manager logs:

Create a file called 'ExManCoreLibLog.YES' and place it in the following location:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log/ExManCoreLibLog.YES

Then create a file named 'ExManLog.YES' and place it at:

/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app/Contents/MacOS/ExManLog.YES

Both log files are generated and saved in the following location:

MAC: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log

2) Adobe Exchange Log

/Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Exchange/AdobeExchange.log

3) Logs of events sent between Adobe Exchange and Extension Manager

Edit /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/configuration/StartupOptions.xml and increase the log level to 6:

<vcentry key="loglevel">

<vcint>6</vcint>

</vcentry>

Kill the process CEPServiceManager4 and AdobeIPCBroker processes in Activity Monitor

Log files are generated at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/logs/

Can you send the log files to me at lesavage at adobe dot com. Additionally, could you also send me a screenshot of the following folder contents if it exists:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/AdobeExchange/

Thanks,

Lea

• 2. Re: Adobe Extension Manager : extension install failure
            CMB Flash Level 1

Hi Lea,

Thank you for your answer but I need some explanations to apply

the operations you suggested to me because I not familiar

in manipulating this kind of files :

1- Extension Manager logs

- In what app must I create this document ?

- Any new document will have a specific suffix like .psd or .txt and cannot have only YES at the end of its name ?

2 Adobe Exchange Log

/Users/ a écrit :

Re: Adobe Extension Manager : extension install failure

created by lesavage in Adobe Exchange Panel - View the full discussion

Hi Claude,

Are you still seeing this issue? To help troubleshoot, if possible, could you gather the following log files for me.

1) Extension Manager logs:

Create a file called 'ExManCoreLibLog.YES' and place it in the following location:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log/ExManCoreLibLog.YES

Then create a file named 'ExManLog.YES' and place it at:

/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app/Contents/MacOS/ExManLog.YES

Both log files are generated and saved in the following location:

MAC: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log

2) Adobe Exchange Log

/Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Exchange/AdobeExchange.log

3) Logs of events sent between Adobe Exchange and Extension Manager

Edit /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/configuration/StartupOptions.xml and increase the log level to 6:

<vcentry key="loglevel">

<vcint>6</vcint>

</vcentry>

Kill the process CEPServiceManager4 and AdobeIPCBroker processes in Activity Monitor

Log files are generated at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/logs/

Can you send the log files to me at lesavage at adobe dot com. Additionally, could you also send me a screenshot of the following folder contents if it exists:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEPServiceManager4/extensions/AdobeExchange/

Thanks,

Lea

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6022923#6022923

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6022923#6022923

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6022923#6022923. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Exchange Panel at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.