6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2014 12:47 PM by nealeh

Corrupt PREL Project Files

Calo

Il programma e' molto instabile

Già tre progetti sono andati persi il motivo ? Dopo aver chiesto di ricaricarlo al termine messaggio di file corrotto!

Poi non c'è o non trovo una voce  nei vari menù dove posso cancellare definitivamente un progetto corrotto o indesiderato!

Vorrei sapere se ci sono aggiornamenti per la versione 12 su piattaforma MAC ?

[Title edited to clarify problem - Hunt]

• 1. Re: Calo
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Calo
            Calo Level 1

Good evening John

I had already purchased Premiere Elements 11

with the current operating system earlier but when I upgraded to the current operating system was not working and nothing more projects done are lost, I communicated everything to you and you answered me to buy the 12 "version that rip-off were 15 days that I had purchased the version 11 80 € "OKAY do not really argue.

MY MAC:

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

iMac

27-inch, Late2013

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755m 1024MB

RAW compatibility update for Digital Camera version 5.03 Unfortunately, with regard to the error message text esanto not remember but in summary said: You can not load the project file to corrupt.

When the problem occurred I was not doing anything special, I just turned on the MAC and launched the program Premiere Elements, and Loading of my project, reaches approximately 87% crach error message,

Installed RAM (8 GB, 3 GB Used Free 5 GB)

Another problem encountered when a project ask the animation of a text sometimes I click apply the program immediately closes and I lose all changes made at that time, a listing comes and asks me to take over or get out!

I hope you make improvements and more stability with an update.

Last question, my MAC is back to 2 months so very updated.

waiting greeting.

CALO

• 3. Re: Calo
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>communicated everything to you and you answered me to buy the 12

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support... you did not communicate to ME and I did not tell you to buy version 12

Hopefully, a Mac user will come along with ideas to help

If you need more help than another user may provide, below is how you contact Adobe chat

Select a reason, then click I STILL NEED HELP to activate Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=activating-my-product- or-serial-number-issues

• 4. Re: Calo
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Calo

Where are you getting your Premiere Elements 11 and 12 from....Adobe or Mac App Store?

In your reply to John T. Smith you wrote

I communicated everything to you and you answered me to buy the 12 version

Who told you "buy the 12 version"? Are you thinking that this is Adobe? John nor I is Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users. If you were talking to Adobe, then you need to follow up with Adobe via its Adobe Chat or whomever you contact and recommended version 12 Mac. The following is the link to Adobe Chat

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

Once the link opens, click on "I still need help." to bring up Adobe Chat.

As far as I know there are no updates or patches for Premiere Elements 12 Windows or Mac. The only updates as for the Camera Raw plug-in which allows the Premiere Elements user to import raw and dng images into a project.

You contact with Adobe does not prohibit you from asking questions here.

Details of your source media and project settings could be explored.

More later.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Calo
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

I did not see your post until after I had posted mine.

We seem to have gotten the same impression about this matter.

Looking forward to Calo's contact with Adobe or whomever has been offering advice on this matter.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Calo
                    nealeh Level 5

If you've upgraded the OS to Mavericks you should read this article: http://barbarabrundage.com/2013/10/28/photoshop-elements-and-os-x-mavericks/. Although the detail in that article concerns Photoshop Elements the same principles (delete preferences) probably apply to Premiere Elements as well.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.