5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 3:21 PM by Josh_Corey

Form Result Column Became "Unlinked"?

crucci748

We have a registration form to be used for several events over 2 months.

2 of the questions ask the user to pick their first preference of which date to attend and the next question asks their second choice.

There are 4 dates, so each question displays the same four choices.

We changed the date/time for one event, so I editied both questions to reflect the change.

Now, when a user submits the form, their first choice is not being recorded, though their second choice is???

The results page has blank fields for the first choice column.

That column does not have the little paper icon that indicates "Column is linked to a form field"

How did it become "unlinked"?

How do I re-link it?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------

Form:

choices.jpg

Results:

form.jpg

• 1. Re: Form Result Column Became "Unlinked"?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Can you share your form with me so we can investigate?  Please share with jcorey@adobe.com and include a reference to this forum post in your invitation so I know what we are looking for.  Instructions for sharing: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Form Result Column Became "Unlinked"?

HI;

One of the engineers Brian will follow up on this with you, if he needs access is it OK for me to share that form with him as well?  I made a duplicate for us to use to test, but in the case it is not reproducible there I'd like to share that form with Brian as well.

Thanks,

Josh

• 3. Re: Form Result Column Became "Unlinked"?
              crucci748 Level 1

It is.

I will tell you though, that the information in this registration is bound by HIPAA rules as these are physicians.

So appropriate discretion is necessary.

Description: ML email Logo

Chris Rucci

IT/Media Services

(800) 223-5731 ext 200

(919) 900-8995 : local

(919) 306-1803 : cell

www.medicalleverage.com<http://www.medicalleverage.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author immediately by replying to this message and delete the original message.  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Form Result Column Became "Unlinked"?
                Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

Hi Chris,

There appears to have been a number of edits to the response table, including adding "unlinked" columns, hiding "linked" columns, moving of data, etc. To view the column associated with the "Please choose your 1st Preference:" field, do the following:

1. Click the column label to open the drop-down menu

2. Click the "Unhide" menu item

3. Select the "Column Y (Please choose your 1st Preference:)" item

Once the column is visible you'll see that required data is missing from a number of responses. The missing data has somehow been moved to the "1st preference" column. If you need to restore those values in the "linked" column you can copy/paste the data.

Regards,

Brian

• 5. Re: Form Result Column Became "Unlinked"?

On your data, we completely respect that and would never use the data in any form that is shared with us for testing/debugging purpose. 

I do want to mention since you noted HIPAA that FormsCentral is not HIPAA compliant.

Thanks,

Josh