3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 7:19 PM by heathrowe

Multiple links within text

AngieMM19

Hi,

I am working on my first Animate project.  The project has several screens with short paragraphs of text on each screen.  Within several of the paragraphs, I need to set up multiple links rather than linking the entire text box to one URL.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?

If it can't be done, I can set up transparent boxes with the links to sit on top of the text - not the best way to do this but it seems to work.  In that case, is there an easy way to "stop" the link just before the user moves to a different place in the timeline?

Thank you!  I appreciate any suggestions!

• 1. Re: Multiple links within text
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

It can be done.

Simple create an element with the Text Tool; put any thing in the text area (example i often just type 'placeholder').

It will be oveerwritten later with the below code, using the html() method.

Depending on how you trigger/ play / or show that text element, then do something like this.

// Copy Below //////

sym.$("Text1").html ("I am working on my first Animate project.  \

The project has several screens with \

short paragraphs of text on each screen. <a href = 'http://www.somewebsite.com/' target='_blank'>some link</a>  \

The project has several screens with short paragraphs       \

of text on each screen. \

If it can't be done, I can set up transparent boxes with the links \

to sit on top of the text - not the best way to \

do this but it seems to work <a href = 'http://www.somewebsite.com/' target='_blank'>another link</a> ");

// End Copy /////////

Note the multiple link references above. The same as stndard html linking procedures.

The trailing \ is to allow for carriage return within the code window and is for display only. They will not appear in the result.

hth

Darrell

• 2. Re: Multiple links within text
            AngieMM19 Level 1

Hi Darrell,

Thank you so much!  It worked PERFECTLY!!  I really appreciate your help.

Angie

• 3. Re: Multiple links within text
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Super :-)